Recent Topics

1 Oct 31, 2008 07:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

= = = the story part = = =
I have noticed that my ever-first created skin made it to the top 10 in b2 skins directory despite the fact that it was nothing near perfect-technically (unlike one-two of my other skins)

But AFAI remember it was one of -maybe the first- dark skin of 2.x series, and the third fluid skin within its few kind..

Unfortunately, as i ve mentioned, i was only aware of a few bugs -mainly IE-, and the fluid design was not executed successfully enough..

= = = = end of the story part = = =

= = = = = = = = MAIN PART = = = = = = = = =

I'd love to know any of your improvement ideas about this skin, even if it would lead almost recreating it..Tell me whatever you wouldnt like, or what you would want to be added, even if you are not using it, please do test for once and name if you have any..

/ / - a few Ideas that i have in mind

Fluid content (wide) column, Fixed sidebar (about 170px), of course the skin will stay fluid overall.
A font size slider, or aA++ buttons to switch between font sizes
Maybe a nicely designed search area somewhere -possibly header?- (not too innovative, innit?)
Better icons.
More (switchable) header -logo- images .?
Seperate display modes per single post, page etc ?
a better navigation [header menus] layout?

and more importantly what i d like to know is, which would be better; 2 column with one sidebar layout / 3 column with 2 sidebars and a content ?

additionally i d like to know if you d prefer the sidebar (fixed narrow columns) side-by-side at the left / right, or pinned to left & right with content in the middle ? and should the narrow columns disappear in single mode ?

2 Nov 06, 2008 02:34

i remember myself declaring i had some free time in my hands about two weeks ago that i could create with a new skin for b2evolution, i ve waited for about 4-5 days, noone came up with a suggestion..but this was the last straw..

I mean why would i give a damn about creating a skin for other people spending my time when they didnt even care to state what they wanted..So, no update, no new skins, go on and knock yerselves out with same skins only with different colors out there marked as new ones..have fun, thread locked.

3 Nov 06, 2008 16:28

/me pats tilqi on the head, there there :D

¥

Form is loading...