Recent Topics

1 Jan 29, 2007 10:12    

For some reason since upgrading to the newest version of the b2evolution software I am getting dozens and dozens of spam posts on one of my blogs.

I had 88 spam posts this morning and need some help please on stopping them.

I regulally update the banned domains blacklist so i'm not sure why this is happening.

:)

2 Jan 29, 2007 12:58

Do you have the Basic Antispam Plugin installed and activated? I have to activate it everytime I upgrade my installation of b2evolution. Maybe you forgot to do it this time?

The plugin is supposed to block duplicated comments, though I don't know if it would block duplicated trackabacks as well.

3 Jan 29, 2007 13:37

Antispam blocks trackbacks that are blocked, so are you banning and reporting the offending domains?

To me it's just so much easier to turn off trackbacks and be done with it. I get no spam anymore too. Kinda scary in a way... I use my turing test plugin for comment spam, and recently emptied my antispam table and dumped some antispam bits out of my .htaccess file. I've had maybe 3 spammers attack me since then.

4 Jan 29, 2007 13:49

I have trackbacks activated and the captcha plugin for comments and I don't receive any trackback spam, at least not since maybe a month or so. Otherwise I'm the only one sending trackbacks to my blog, rarely I receive trackbacks from othe people.

5 Jan 30, 2007 10:51

I couldn't see the forest for the trees!!

I have the basic antispam plug installed and it is regulally updated and I have been looking at all the different settings and couldn't work out why it wasn't working.

Well like Austriaco said, since upgrading it appears that it had become disabled and I hadn't spotted that simple thing as I had been looking too deep.

Thanks!

:) :roll:

7 Jan 30, 2007 20:52

ketrinweb I think you're confusing the antispam database with the basic antispam plugin. The database is the one that has it's own tab and you can update from time to time. The plugin you is on the App settings->plugins tab and you have to 'install' it. Anyway your problem is under control so that's hooray!

Roi I'm surprised no one has provided an answer to that problem yet since the plugin ships with b2evolution. More to follow over there...

8 Jan 30, 2007 23:25

Just for info: the problem has been fixed "over there" (Uninstall and Re-install the "Basic Antispam Plugin" after upgrading to 1.9.2).

I wonder though, what spam has slipped through, ketrinweb and Roi? Trackback only? Lot's of dupes? ... would be interesting to know what gets blocked.

Are you using the default settings with the Basic Antispam plugin?

Form is loading...