Recent Topics

1 Oct 22, 2007 05:35    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey guys, I have a big problem with my blog. For some reason the e-mail notifications don't get sent. I never really tired to make it work but now it would be something that would do good to me.

You see, then a user registers, it tells the use to check the e-mail but the e-mail never comes. My blog is on explorerpost2060.org

Maybe I need some type of another server installed on my machine?

Thanks much

Vlad

3 Oct 22, 2007 21:34

"Afwas" wrote:

Hi,

Probably your host disabled php's mail() function on the server. The easiest you can do is contact your host and explain what you want.
If this doesn't work, I do not have an 'out of the box' solution for you, but you can follow the leads in this post: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=12085&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=smtp.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is that I run Linux server at home. I now how linux works but know little about PHP

If you know how to enable the mail() please help me out.

Thanks a lot

Vlad

4 Oct 23, 2007 00:47

It depends if you are on a Linux or a XAMPP / WAMP Windows maxhine.
In php.ini find:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = 

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

for Windows you want something like:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = mail.tesco.net ; for Win32 only
smtp_port = 25
sendmail_from= php@home.com ; for Win32 only

where mail.tesco.net is your hosts smtp mail send box.

Explanation: you don't have an outgoing mailserver automatically, so you use an existing one from your host or from gmail or another where you have access to. Mail sent from this example has as sender php@home.nl so you probably want to change that line as well.

In Linux the idea is similar, but the details may vary. Probably you can more easily set up a mailserver than in windows. If you succeed you might be able to send mail ftom 'localhost'.

Hope this helps, if you have subsequent questions. please ask.

Good luck

Form is loading...