Recent Topics

1 Nov 25, 2007 15:52    

My b2evolution Version: b2evolution 1.10.2

Hi!
A few days ago changed server, and everything is working fine out of...
the editor when you write a post in the advanced option:
all the bar of options appears: b, str, link, em, ....etc.
but clicking on those options give ...nothing !

Help!

Thanks in advance!

Roberto
http://www.ebablogs.com/

2 Nov 25, 2007 15:57

Check if the _quicktags.plugin.php file in the ,,/blogs/plugins/ folder is copied correctly from the one server to the other. Try copying again.

Good luck

3 Nov 25, 2007 16:01

Done
The same thing....

4 Nov 25, 2007 16:11

Then try un-install and install the plugin and/or "reload plugins". There are no settings for this plugin that can be wrong, so I am quickly out of idea's on this one.

Good luck

6 Nov 28, 2007 14:30

It worked only once and stopped newly....

From where exactly to download the original plugin ?

Thank You !
Roberto

7 Nov 28, 2007 14:38

Hi Roberto,

It's in the standard B2evo setup package (download). Make sure you download the correct version.

Good luck

8 Nov 28, 2007 20:02

In the b2evo plugin directory I found Tiny and FK editors but anything about "QuikTags" or something like this...

9 Nov 28, 2007 20:54

Hi azarober,

I meant the download of B2evo itself. Quicktags is one of the core plugins.

Good luck

10 Nov 29, 2007 14:06

Done...

It worked only once and stopped newly....

Thank You !
Roberto

11 Nov 29, 2007 14:09

Hi Roberto,

This looks like some sort of a conflict. What other plugins do you have installed? I'll need to repreduce the error before we can start looking for an explanation and a solution. B)

Good luck

12 Nov 29, 2007 15:52

Basic Antispam
AM Extra Comment
Ping b2evolution.net
Ping-O-Matic plugin
Auto Links
Auto P
Texturize
Archives Skin Tag
Calendar Skin Tag
Categories Skin Tag
Quick Tags

Thanks for your work !

Roberto
http://www.ebablogs.com

13 Dec 03, 2007 14:05

Is there any way to REPLACE the non-working quick tags for any other plugin or component ?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

14 Dec 03, 2007 14:08

Hi azarober,

I have a sticky note gazing at me. It says: Don't forget azarober. I will look into it today.

--ƒ

15 Dec 03, 2007 15:46

Try getting rid of AM Extra Comment plugin, then going through the steps you went through to make Quick Tags work. It is the only plugin listed that is not part of the official installation (AFAIK). If that does not help then one-by-one un-install the plugins until you find which one is causing the conflict.

Of course this is assuming it is a conflict in the plugins. I am not convinced of that because you did not say Quick Tags failed after installing another plugin. You changed servers and now have a problem, so the server is highly suspect as being the culprit.

Also lets be real: changing servers means uploading files to the new server. It is therefore very possible that the problem is a corrupted file somewhere. The only way to prove or disprove the 'broken file' theory is to replace files from a fresh source. NOT uploading your local copy again! Download your version and use something like winmerge to see if your local copy has any differences from the official package that you are not aware of.

16 Dec 03, 2007 18:15

Hi Roberto,

When trying to reproduce your setup I got an error when installing the AM Extra Comment plug in. I assume that is the problem, as suggested by EdB.

Good luck

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/hemmi3/public_html/dev/1103/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/hemmi3/public_html/dev/1103/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hemmi3/public_html/dev/1103/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php:196) in /home/hemmi3/public_html/dev/1103/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 39

17 Dec 04, 2007 02:06

EdB wrote:

Try getting rid of AM Extra Comment plugin

I'll bet you're right, but the UK Technical support team are renowned for taking 48 hours plus to ignore a ticket ;)

¥

18 Dec 08, 2007 21:33

Hi all !
1) the problems with the editor began BEFORE the server's change

2) I did all what you suggested, the AM Extra Comment was deleted and a fresh Quick Tags plugin was uploaded...

....sometimes it works..... a lot of times NOT works...

Thanks for your work !

Roberto
http://www.ebablogs.com

19 Dec 16, 2007 16:49

Help !
Is there any way to REPLACE the non-working quick tags for any other plugin or component ?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

20 Dec 30, 2007 23:20

WORKING HARD WITHOUT EDITOR...

There any way to REPLACE the non-working quick tags for any other EDITOR ?

21 Dec 30, 2007 23:45

I'm not sure if it existed for 1.10.2, but you can look into the TinyMCE plugin. It gives you a "WYSIWYG" type of editor, which would basically replace the quicktags plugin. You would, to the best of my knowledge, lose the "read more" and "next page" features though.

Quicktags has worked since the beginning of time, so there is no reason to consider it not working. There MUST be a conflict somewhere somehow that is causing this problem.

? Have you done any modifications to your back office skin or layout? Particularly anything involving javascript, but changes in general need to be considered.

? If you switch to the default 'custom' skin without any modifications do you still have this problem? I ask because you are using google ads in "nifty corners" skin. Nothing wrong with either of these, but then again there is nothing wrong with the quicktags plugin - except for it is causing you grief.

22 Jan 29, 2008 14:29

I have the same intermittent issue only in Firefox 2.0.0.11, using b2evo 2.4. I'm getting the error in the console.

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Window.b2evo_Callbacks

IE7 works fine.

I also had it in 2.3 but never in 1.8 which I am also still using in parallel (with the same browser). I've done no modifications to the admin skins, and don't have AM Extra Comment.

23 Feb 13, 2008 08:59

Same thing here. The editor was unresponsive (i.e., clicking smileys or tags didn't work) in b2evo 2.4.0-rc2 (new install, no extras) on Firefox 2.0.0.12. Frustratingly, in IE7 they worked OK. On a hunch I decided to restart Firefox, and that fixed the problem. 8|

I have b2evo 1.10.3 installed on the same server (actually, I've been using the b2evo happily for a little more than a year), and the editor there has never given me any trouble.

What made this even more weird was that BEFORE I restarted Firefox, I had both versions running on different tabs, and while the editor in 2.4.0-rc2 was unresponsive, the one in 1.10.3 worked fine. 8| Odd glitch...

Oh well, it is working fine now so far. Just wanted to share the experience just in case it helps....

24 May 13, 2008 12:55

AFAIK you don't need to restart firefox, just reload the page (or save your post and go back to edit it). Still a pain, but less so.

25 May 17, 2008 00:22

I have had this intermittent problem also on the latest install.
After I installed Adsense plugin it suddenly stopped working as did the tags. Then it just started up again in same session but I don't know how I fixed it. I did do refresh and reinstalls but these did not fix.
Then this morning tags and adsense are not working so have tried everything to no avail. Even restarts of Firefox did not fix.
Then changed from Firefox to IE and I find the Tags and Adsense buttons are working.
So must be some conflict with browser. Have done all the clean outs of history, cookies etc but still carn't trigger Firefox to make the buttons work.
Hope this helps with this mystery.
Gizz

Form is loading...