Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2008 22:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I am looking to create a multi user multi blog environment, but I would like the first index page http://mydomain.net to show the most recent posts from all of the blogs.

Is this possible

Thanks in advance! :?:

2 Nov 28, 2008 20:14

Yes it is.

First go to the General settings and pick the default blog to display.

Now go to the Blog Settings, Click the blog in the list that is the aggregate blog, then click the advanced tab.

There is an Aggregation section where you simply list all the blogs you want to aggregate. To get the blog ID's you can click the List to view all the blogs and their internal IDs.

3 Nov 28, 2008 20:36

Fantastic!

Is there a way to get the Blog ID's to update automatically each time ablog is created or does this have to be done manually?

4 Nov 28, 2008 23:23

Not that I know of, though I'm sure with some fancy php scripting you could, but that's beyond me. ;)

5 Dec 28, 2008 15:29

I am trying to aggregate blogs as described in this thread.

Under global settings>general, I have designated my aggregation blog.

Under blog settings>advanced for the blog I wish to aggregate to, I have tried listing blogs to aggregate in every way I can imagine: 2, 5 or blog2, blog 5 or blog2.php, blog5.php, blog 2, blog 5 or blog=2, blog=5. I have tried including and not including blog 1 (my desired aggregation blog). I have tried with and without a comma after the final entry. I have tried with a space and without a space before the comma.

When I save changes, I get the same message: "Invalid aggregate blog ID list!" Where am I missing the boat?

6 Dec 28, 2008 15:39

no spaces between numbers ;) 2,5

¥

7 Dec 28, 2008 15:42

Well, duh. Thank you so much.

8 Dec 28, 2008 15:46

happens to the best of us .... daily in my case :P

¥

9 Dec 28, 2008 23:26

Just for the record, I learned one more thing: you have to include the number of the aggregator/index/home blog along with the others IF you want to be able to post to it--otherwise, posts for THAT blog just disappear!

So: 1,2,5 (in my case)

10 Dec 29, 2008 09:41

You shouldn't be posting to an aggregator blog, it's just meant to aggregate ;)

It's far easier to create a 3rd blog for those postings and then add its ID to the list.

¥

11 Dec 29, 2008 15:35

The 'no spaces' between numbers is a trick one ;)

12 Dec 29, 2008 19:55

Well, no, ¥åßßå, sorry for the loose terminology!

I'm not posting to the old "All" blog, if that's what you mean. I'm posting to my blog 1, which was the home blog for this small multi-blog site. After I decided I wanted to aggregate some of the others to it, along with displaying its own proper content, I was naming it functionally in my own head as my aggregator blog, because I had configured it to do that function for the group--that's all.

Unlike darylt (at top of thread), I am not working on a multi-user site but using separate blogs to manage the half-dozen top-level subdivisions of my topic. The home blog will display the newest posts from these sub-topics along with the most basic or general information items that are posted to it alone. (I decided to use blogs rather than categories to manage the first level, because it didn't appear that categories could give me as much control over presentation (different link blog, different header decoration (photo), different free html boxes, different ads, calendar only when relevant to sub-topic, etc...).

13 Dec 29, 2008 23:05

I understood, but your "general posts for it alone" should be a separate blog which is also aggregated ... far less grief in the long run ;)

The way I run my blog(s) is

1st level blogs
2nd level categories
3rd level tags

I then mess with aggregate blogs to build up my various areas and tie it all together ;)

¥

14 Aug 13, 2009 00:54

Hi All...pls refer to lebzzzzz.com

So I've been reading about aggregation and don't find an answer to my problem.

I have Blog1 which is an aggregated blog for all the others (basically topical) that go along with it. There are two skins...one for the front page to show most recent posts...and the second for the inside pages to show just the one blog selected

My front page (shows all the aggregation) includes a tag cloud...which is effectively pulling the tags from all the aggregated blogs...but...since I upgraded today (really easy by the way almost no issues) the links in the tag cloud all return me to the front page and not to page where the post in question would appear...

Hope that made sense...any idea how to fix this?

Form is loading...