Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2009 19:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Wasn't sure where to put this, so if the Mods would like to move it somewhere more appropriate, please feel free.

I've just been re-jigging the widgets being used in the sidebar of my vastitude based blog skin - http://www.izdihar.com/ - and noticed that all widgets are not displayed equal.

For some reason, the Archives and Photography at Flickr (free HTML) widgets are displayed with a bullet point at the start of their title line, where the Linkblog, Categories and Search widgets don't. The effect of this is to give the sidebar a slightly uneven indentation as you look at it vertically.

Is there a particular need for this, and if not, what would the best approach towards tweaking it?

I'm viewing in Firefox3 if that's relevant.

2 Jan 05, 2009 20:13

Try adding div#sidebar ul li {list-style:none;} to your CSS

3 Jan 06, 2009 21:03

Think I've worked it out, both widget_core_free_html and widget_plugin_evo_Arch are missing from the following statement in the vastitude skin CSS.

li.widget_core_coll_title, li.widget_core_coll_longdesc, li.widget_plugin_evo_Calr, li.widget_core_coll_search_form, li.widget_core_linkblog, li.widget_core_coll_category_list, li.widget_core_coll_common_links, li.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds, li.widget_core_user_tools, li.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds ul li, li.prevnext {list-style:none;}

In theory, an easy enough fix. However...

Did the change in the vastitude style.css as below, and uploaded it into the appropriate folder on the webspace

li.widget_core_coll_title, li.widget_core_coll_longdesc, li.widget_plugin_evo_Calr, li.widget_core_coll_search_form, li.widget_core_linkblog, li.widget_core_coll_category_list, li.widget_core_coll_common_links, li.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds, li.widget_core_user_tools, li.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds ul li, li.prevnext, li.widget_core_free_html, li.widget_plugin_evo_Arch {list-style:none;} /* free HTML and Archive statements added 6 Jan 2009 */

but when I come to run the page again, it seems to be running a style.css from somewhere else despite what Firebug is telling me. It's telling me the CSS is being pulled from http://www.izdihar.com/skins/vastitude/style.css, but the code is different from the file I've put in that directory, instead I'm being shown this:

li.widget_core_coll_title, li.widget_core_coll_longdesc, li.widget_plugin_evo_Calr, li.widget_core_coll_search_form, li.widget_core_linkblog, li.widget_core_coll_category_list, li.widget_core_coll_common_links, li.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds, li.widget_core_user_tools, li.widget_core_coll_xml_feeds ul li, li.prevnext {
list-style-image:none;
list-style-position:outside;
list-style-type:none;
}

It's almost as if the file I've uploaded (I've downloaded it again since to check the upload was completed correctly, and it was) is being ignored and another is being used from elsewhere. Is that possible given the way b2evo is constructed? Anyone have any ideas I might try?

4 Jan 06, 2009 21:27

When I view your site, the style.css is your 6 jan 2009 one..

5 Jan 06, 2009 21:37

Something very weird going on then, as I've tried clearing the cache, doing ctrl + f5 etc. but it still insists on showing me the same thing, whether I view in Firefox3 or IE7. Will try going via Alias and see if that makes a difference. No wonder I'm scratching my head.

Is what you're seeing working correctly now BTW?

6 Jan 06, 2009 21:42

Well I tried through Alias (using IE7) and lo and behold, it works fine. Something amiss in the local ISP architecture methinks.

7 Jan 07, 2009 16:20

Well things have moved on a little. I can now see the changes have taken effect in IE7 without me needing to go through the Alias (proxy) service. Firefox is still doing the same as outlined above though.

I've even tried deleting and re-naming the style.css file, but to no effect. Somehow both Firefox and IE7 are finding a CSS containing the same code as described above. Must admit, I'm a little baffled as to where they are both finding their information from.

8 Jan 07, 2009 16:44

Tad hard to help because you currently have an mysql connection error.

¥

9 Jan 07, 2009 17:07

United-Hosting have been playing up a bit over the last couple of hours. Seems OK at the moment though.

10 Jan 07, 2009 17:20

The good news is, I don't see your problem ... so it must be just you ;)

You could of course rename the css file ( and change _html_header.inc.php ) and *force* a refresh

¥

11 Jan 07, 2009 18:50

Tried that and it's now working. Changed it to vast_style.css. Thanks.

Form is loading...