Recent Topics

1 Oct 24, 2009 08:49    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Okay, I have looked through these forums up and down, so forgive me if I'm asking something that's been answered already. :)

My end goal is to have 2 blogs: 1st is public and used to display photography. 2nd is for family/friends only and they'll see different photos etc. I don't want anyone who isn't in the "friends" group to see this blog, so if a visitor goes to this blog I want it to redirect to a login screen.

I have tried messing with group permissions, user permissions and even the protect posts plugin. None of these seem to do anything. I am testing with another browser and cookies cleared and I can still view any posts or pages (unless they are marked protected from the beginning)

I even tried adding the login_required command on my blog.php file. It directs to a login page, but even if the user isn't a member of the blog they can still see everything unless I actively make each post and page "protected".

If the only solution is to mark everything protected from the start, is there a way in the admin panel somewhere to make that the default post setting? Otherwise I'll probably forget and it will throw the whole thing off...

Posting is usually my last resort and I'm starting to go cross eyed from trying to figure this all out! :D Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Oct 25, 2009 04:11

Hello ohthatgirl. Sup?

Using a stub file can probably take care of this for you. Stubs have a line that looks something like this

$show_statuses = array();

which you can change to something like this

$show_statuses = array( 'protected', 'private' );

to get where you want to be.

Actually come to think of it that probably won't help because if you post published it simply won't show at all. The only thing that will do is stop published posts from being visible to the wide wide world.

Hey isn't there a Blog setting option for default status? There is one for comments, but I'm thinking there is one for posts as well.

3 Oct 29, 2009 01:45

Thanks for the help. I'm beginning to wonder if it's acting up because I installed the sample content with the install. I'll give it a try with a fresh basic install and see if I can get the basic permissions to act how they should.

Do you know of anyone with an active site with permissions to keep guests/groups out that I can check? Just so I can see if I'm getting the same results.

Thanks!

Form is loading...