Recent Topics

1 Oct 07, 2005 12:38    

Hello folks ! I am in the process of setting up my blog and am seriously thinking about using b2evolution as the blogging platform. In principle, I had the thought of using WordPress, but then a good friend of mine recommended that I check out b2evolution and so far I love it. I am reading lots of documentation from the web site, but one area I am struggling with is using the skin I like for my blog template. Back when I was checking out WP's skins I found one I really liked (Spirit), which you can be found over at http://www.alexking.org/software/wordpress/theme_browser.php.

The question that I have is if it is possible to migrate that skin into b2evolution and use it for my blog. I have tried to look for information on the subject on the forums but I am not really sure where to get started, so any tips you could offer would be very much appreciated. Thanks !

2 Oct 07, 2005 15:30

It takes a little work, but with [url=http://b2evolution.net/man?p=44565&more=1&page=1]this guide[/url] you can convert any layout to an evoskin. You don't need any of the php code from the Wordpress theme, so you can just view a blog with that template in your browser, then view source, copy everything to get your index page code (which will become your _main.php code in the evoskin). You can download the wordpress theme to get all of the images and the css and everything. If you can get the original designer's permission, you might post your finished skin in skins.b2evolution.net when you're done.

3 Oct 07, 2005 16:21

Thanks a bunch, personman, for replying back and for the prompt reply ! I have taken a look into the web link you provided and would need to check how easy it would be. It seems to require some substantial work but I think it will be worth it. I will have a look and see how far I go. Thanks again for the feedback. Appreciated.

Cheers !

4 Oct 07, 2005 16:26

Good luck. It's a great way to learn more about xhtml, css and php. It may send you running for tutorials and documentation (two of my favorite things). It's pretty rewarding to see that skin looking just the way you want. If you get stuck, you can always ask for more help in the forums.

5 Oct 07, 2005 16:34

personman wrote:

Good luck. It's a great way to learn more about xhtml, css and php. It may send you running for tutorials and documentation (two of my favorite things).

Excellent ! That is just what I was looking for ! A way to improve my skills in xhtml, css and php. Lovely. If I get stuck with anything I will surely let you folks know through the forums.

Thanks again for the help and for the support. Cheers !

Form is loading...