Recent Topics

1 Nov 25, 2006 07:52    

Dear Forum

I've followed the instructions by fralenuvol on how to install the autoblog plugin. Have done the various steps.

But, when I log in via the user instead of his blog appearing I get the following messages:

Warning: main(/home/peritnet/public_html/b2/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/peritnet/public_html/b2/u/cp3/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/peritnet/public_html/b2/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/peritnet/public_html/b2/u/cp3/index.php on line 3

Let me just give you the order in which I did things:
1)I put the autoblog file into my b2 plugins folder.
2)I couldn't install the plugin because my b2 version was old
3)I upgraded my b2
4)I installed the plugin from the app settings area
5) I created a test user
6)I logged in with the test user and got the above messages.

What's gone wrong?
Would really appreciate any feedback on this.

thanks
cperinot

3 Nov 26, 2006 16:41

thanks fralenuvol for the reply.

At a certain point, things were working - blogs were being created automatically for each user, I found users in the "u", etc.

Then I read your latest reply in your long thread considering your autoblog plugin and upgraded all the files after downloading your most recent version of the plugin from your site.

Well, now nothing works.

Basically, I see the login page has changed and that new users registering can choose to have their blog created automatically by clicking in the box under the login.

But the user [u]doesn't have a blog [/u]and he gets a message saying that "Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. :) " !!!!

Now what must I do? How do I promote the user????? Where's the user's blog?????

Isn't there just a SIMPLE way to have the blog created automatically WITHOUT me having to PROMOTE (how do I do that, anyway...?) the user? And the user gets his blog right away?

Please keep in mind that I have nearly no experience, so I would appreciate a really simple answer.

Thank you very much for your invaluable attention.

cperinot

4 Nov 26, 2006 17:15

You are welcome.
Indeed, when everything works fine, the blogs are created automatically, without your intervent.

Assuming you already followed the install instructions exactly, a few more questions:

1) Wich version are you using of b2evolution and when did you dowload the plugin last time before upgrading now?
2) must users validate to register in you blogs? (under Admin>Settings)
3) are all autoblog plugin settings set to default values? (especially the setting "Enable posts")
4) are the stub files correctly created (for example u/mike/index.php)?
5) could you send me the current content of "_autoblog.config.php" in the plugin folder, and eventually also of one of your stub files, if created?

Please answer to all points in order to allow me to help you.

And if further I ask you, are you able to check some values in your b2evo database? (it is not mandatory, but would help me a lot in debugging)

Hear you soon. :-)

5 Nov 26, 2006 18:28

1) Wich version are you using of b2evolution and when did you dowload the plugin last time before upgrading now?
Have upgraded to the latest version via Fantastico (two days ago)
PLugin fisrt downloaded about three four days ago.

2) must users validate to register in you blogs? (under Admin>Settings)
Yes.

3) are all autoblog plugin settings set to default values? (especially the
setting "Enable posts")
Yes, except (include in public blog list - yes) (change settings - no)

4) are the stub files correctly created (for example u/mike/index.php)?
I find users names under my [u]users management tab [/u]in my [u]admin area[/u] but nothing in my "u" folder. I did find them there once (on one occasion, one user out of three or something) BEFORE upgrading the autoblog plugin. I then cancelled them to start afresh.

5) could you send me the current content of "_autoblog.config.php" in the plugin folder, and eventually also of one of your stub files, if created?

<?php
$timestamp_min = "";
$timestamp_max = "";

require_once dirname(__FILE__)."/../../conf/_config.php";
require $inc_path."_blog_main.inc.php";
?>

/**
* This file is a stub file for displaying a blog, using evoSkins.
* This file will set some display parameters and then let b2evolution handle
* the display by calling an evoSkin. (skins are in the /skins folder.)
* Note: You only need to use this stub file for advanced use of b2evolution.
* Most of the time, calling your blog through index.php will be enough.
* Same display without using skins: a_noskin.php
* b2evolution - {@link http://b2evolution.net/}
* Released under GNU GPL License - {@link http://b2evolution.net/about/license.html}
* @copyright (c)2003-2006 by Francois PLANQUE - {@link http://fplanque.net/}
* @package evoskins
* @subpackage noskin
*/

# First, select which blog you want to display here!
# You can find these numbers in the back-office under the Blogs section.
# You can also create new blogs over there. If you do, you may duplicate this file for the new blog.
$blog = 2; // 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

# You could *force* a specific skin here with this setting: (otherwise, default will be used)
# $skin = 'basic';

# This setting retricts posts to those published, thus hiding drafts.
# You should not have to change this.
$show_statuses = array();

# You could *force* a specific link blog here with this setting: (otherwise, default will be used)
# $linkblog = 4;

# This is the list of categories to restrict the linkblog to (cats will be displayed recursively)
# Example: $linkblog_cat = '4,6,7';
$linkblog_cat = '';

# This is the array if categories to restrict the linkblog to (non recursive)
# Example: $linkblog_catsel = array( 4, 6, 7 );
$linkblog_catsel = array( );

# Here you can set a limit before which posts will be ignored
# You can use a unix timestamp value or 'now' which will hide all posts in the past
$timestamp_min = '';

# Here you can set a limit after which posts will be ignored
# You can use a unix timestamp value or 'now' which will hide all posts in the future
$timestamp_max = 'now';

# Additionnaly, you can set other values (see URL params in the manual)...
# $order = 'ASC'; // This for example would display the blog in chronological order...

/**
* That's it, now let b2evolution do the rest! :)
*/
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';

"And if further I ask you, are you able to check some values in your b2evo database? (it is not mandatory, but would help me a lot in debugging) " - I really don't know about that since I'm on shared hosting and I don't know what I'm allowed to do...

By the way, Currently, I have nothing in my b2/u folder.

Please keep the following in mind:
1)before upgrading and putting the whole autoblog folder in under 'plugins', when I still hgad the previous version of the plugin (four or five days ago) I put the two php files (autoblog and autoblog config) into the plugins folder, then I created a folder called autoblog_plugin and put autoblog_config ONLY into that. I created a "root_prehacked_files" folder and transferred the relative files into that. I gave the various permissions to the folders you indicate. I did this way because I had not understood that I had to put the WHOLE folder into the 'plugins' folder.

2)And, somehow, I think things worked - the user registered, logged in, and found his blog, also a tab for his blog in the defualt blog I use. And, if I'm not mistaken, I found the user in the "u" folder, too.

3)Then I read your longer thread and decided to upgrade.

4)I downloaded the new version (today) and substituted everything (overwriting).

5)that's where I am now.

6)I also notice that the files I download from your site are larger than the previous ones, but when I transfer them, they stay the same size (as the old ones, of four days ago).

that's about all I can say...

Please help me, and thank you in advance.
cperinot

6 Nov 26, 2006 22:28

Please check also that u/folder has still write permissions (0777).

Another useful thing you could do, is:
Go in Admin>Users. then select one of your already existing users.
In his profile screen, before his Login name, you should find this checkbox:
"Do you want also to create an Autoblog for this user?" Check it and save changes.

After tell me please if his blog was created or not (if it was, you will be informed after saving).

In the meanwhile, I am going to download and re-install the plugin myself, in order to check that things work fine.

7 Nov 26, 2006 22:47

Thank you fralenuvol.

I've done what you suggested.

I do not find any check box with "do you want autoblog for this user, etc. etc." in the user's profile, just before his login name or anywhere in his profile or in the user management table next to the user's line.

The users are all in the 'Autobloggers' group, which I have also made default for new users.

And I find them in the media/blogs folder.

I also find an index.html in the same folder, and also in the media/users folder (both index.html are 329 bytes, and one in the media folder (1004 bytes).

till later.

cperinot

8 Nov 26, 2006 23:07

You are right!
If you previously installed the plugin and overwrite the files, something is wrong.

I am currently working on it and will get back to you as soon as solved.

9 Nov 26, 2006 23:33

Fixed :-)
Download and just overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php

It works now.
Please test and tell me quickly if it works for you also.

10 Nov 27, 2006 00:19

Well, I've just finished taking all the files out of b2 and cancelling them completely from my system. Then I downloaded your plugin again ex-novo. I then uploaded everything again into the plugins folder. And, what do you know, the user gets his personal blog right away. I did this before reading your last message, unfortunately. So I can't overwrite the files.

The user has a folder in "u" and the script inside is:

<?php
$blog = 12;
require_once '/home/peritnet/public_html/b2/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php';
?>

It seems everything is okay.

So, unfortunately, and I apologise for not being able to wait any longer, I can't tell you if overwriting works - I had to try uploading everything again because I needed to have things working for tomorrow and I've very little time left tonight.

I must thank you though for your assistance in this matter. I really appreciate it and I must also congratulate you on the brilliant idea of the autoblog plugin, which must be one of the most useful of them all.

Thank you once again, and again i'm sorry that I can't overwrite the files anymore.

I really must thank you for your time and incredible patience.

I hope I can depend on your help once more if anything goes wrong....

A very satisfied b2 user (at least until now, tomorrow who knows...) wishes you a very good night.

Thank you once again.

cperinot
:D :o :lol:

11 Nov 27, 2006 00:23

Well... the explanation of what you did answered to my question anyway. :-)
Have a good night.

12 Aug 07, 2007 05:26

hi fralenuvol.

i have a problem with my autoblog. i installed it and have the /u directory and others on 777. i activated it at the admin area. i tried to test it and register under karen. indeed, a blog has been created but when i tried to go on the blog for karen, i got 404 pages. i deleted the autoblog plugin and reinstalled it again with different settings and tried another test but again 404 error. pls help me. i've tried asking on support and they referred a thread with a different problem as mine. my site is www.eezmol.com. maybe you can go there and see if you'll find the problem. thanks.

Form is loading...