Recent Topics

1 Dec 13, 2006 10:57    

Hello
I want to change the "more"-link to the permalink (so that I don't go to the anchor, and the full URL is displayed in the address-bar).

I did searcht, but I only found how to change the read more icon...

Many thanks!
Regards
Sopur

2 Dec 16, 2006 00:48

It would help to know what version you're using, but since I don't I'll look at the code for 1.8.6 and assume other versions are reasonably similar. Either way, this will require hacking a core file. And there's no promise that it'll work! Open inc/MODEL/items/_item.class.php and look around line 950 for something like this:

'<a href="'.$this->get_permanent_url( 'pid', $more_file ).'#more'.$this->ID.'">'.

Basically the only difference between a permanent link and a "read more" link is that "read more" adds a #thing to the end of the URL, so remove that bit and you should see the effect you seek.

'<a href="'.$this->get_permanent_url( 'pid', $more_file ).'">'.

This is untested and might not work, so back up the file before you start hacking away!

4 Dec 16, 2006 19:49

Try changing 'pid' to 'urltitle'.

5 Dec 16, 2006 20:38

Perfect!
Many thanks!
Regards
Sopur

6 Jul 27, 2008 12:19

I came to this post via the search function. I know it's an old post but it touches exactly my problem. I have b2evo 0.9.1 (shame on me but I just started to learn php a little bit and want to upgrade to the current version...) and the code for the "read more"-link is:

<h3 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title(); ?></h3>
<div class="bText">
<?php $Item->content( '#', '#', 'Mehr lesen...', '' ); ?>

<?php link_pages() ?>
</div>

How can I change it into the permalink with the title in the URL?
Thanks in advance,
Claudia

7 Aug 13, 2010 21:41

Hello,

sorry to dig up such an old posting... but as I am still using b2evo 1.9.2 I wanted to modify the MORE link now as well to the permalink url, but I don't know how!

To make it more clear I currently use the following code

<?php $Item->content( '#', '#', '&lt;&lt; WEITER &gt;&gt;', '---' ) ?>

...and with this I get e.g.: http://www.chaoszone.de/blog/webnews.php/2010/07/31/p881#more881

But I rather would like to have this: http://www.chaoszone.de/blog/webnews.php/2010/07/31/lustige_tiere_teil_4#more881

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Okay - sorry, have read all above again and again and now understood that I have to edit the _item.class.php accordingly... now it's working as I want to have it.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Form is loading...