o Science Friday
o Slate Podcasts
o Tech Nation
o The Connected Traveller
o The Ricky Gervais Show
o This Week in Tech

Please tel me how that manage that ??

Every time i try i screwed up my main.php

Mayby the settings in my mainpanel is not right ?

gr

2 Jan 04, 2007 22:17

Quicklinks like a bloglist, but it might be a list of non-blog-post stuff. Lemme know, as there is a hack that can add non-blog-stuff to your blog.

The rest looks like a standard linkblog with categories, so there should be no need to edit your _main.php file. Just create a linkblog and post links in it. Title and URL, but no actual message. Oh and when you create the linkblog you tell it you don't want it in the public bloglist (unless you do) and - more importantly - you tell your public blogs to use that blog as linkblog. It's a dropdown box on the Blog Settings tab.

3 Jan 04, 2007 22:29

I did all you say but no linkblog in display.

Would you look in my settings what i do wrong ?
I will send you my account details.
I trust you like my brother.. lol
If you would ??/

Thx

gr

4 Jan 04, 2007 22:48

Silly skin doesn't have linkblog in it's _main.php or the _linkblog.php file in it's folder. Gimme a minute or three and I'll show you what you need to do.

EDIT: add ?skin=custom to the end of your URL and you'll see how the linkblog looks when it's working. Also on my page there is a linkblog doing what you want - with quite a few links in it. Some with text in the post, most without.

5 Jan 04, 2007 23:04

yes thats what i mean, i really want that. whit messages and so on

ths already you great guru

whats your site (found him stupid me)

6 Jan 04, 2007 23:11

Open your skins/nifty_corners/_main.php file and add this to the place in the sidebar where you want your linkblog to show up:

<?php
		// -------------------------- LINKBLOG INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_linkblog.php' );
		// -------------------------------- END OF LINKBLOG ----------------------------------
	?>

Next you need to copy skins/custom/_linkblog.php from that folder to your skins/nifty_corners/ folder. BTW adding text to a linkblog post will make things look kinda crappy, as you'll see. Linkblogs are best with only a title and a link. Therefore adding a link becomes a matter of posting a new entry in your linkblog. It'll list your linkblog posts in a weird order: the categories are in numberetical order, but the posts in each category are alphabetized.

Oh and _linkblog.php has a limit for how many links it'll show. The default value is 20. I change it to 999 so I never bump into the limit. In that file find and edit:

if(!isset($linkblog_limit)) $linkblog_limit = 20;

7 Jan 04, 2007 23:26

Thx man your really helped me out,,,one tiny thing..
there's a little squere just above the links that i wanted befor each link, how do you that.
And i wanted to get the text not centert but left

as always many thx

8 Jan 04, 2007 23:43

Sorry but i done this now

many thx again

Form is loading...