Recent Topics

1 Jan 18, 2007 08:30    

Hello:
First of all, let me say that b2evolution is great. I first tried Serendipity and found it hard to get it to skin. I have been using b2evolution for several months now and I am very happy with it.

I have skined most of my site to look the way I want it to look. I have manage to incoroporate the blog into looking as if it is a part of my web site and one can move from site to blog to site and it all comes together nicely. The problem I need help with is styling the forms, the input field, etc. I have looked at the CSS files that are imported and I can't seem to figure out what I need to include in my CSS file to get the look I want. For starters, what class or ID controls how the input field looks on the search form? I would like to change the background, text, size, etc of some of the forms controls, input fields, text areas, things like that.

Thanks so much for creating the best blog engine out there!

3 Jan 18, 2007 09:55

You could check out some other skins and find one that styles form elements, then take a peek at how the php and css pages are written to get it done. Obviously you then apply what you learn to your skin.

4 Jan 18, 2007 10:32

Afwas, I don't need to read how to do it, but thanks anyway.

EdB, do you know some sites that have skined the forms elements? If so, then I will go and take a look and see what I can decode.

Now, if someone knows the classes or IDs for this, I would thank you so much for your help. I have looked at the forms.css and changed a few things and it wasn't working, so I came here and asked in the support forum.

Thank you,
Kimberly.

5 Jan 18, 2007 11:18

Unfortunately the skins site doesn't allow commenting so it's hard to link to one, and I don't give out links to my test installations.

How much styling do you want to apply to what elements is probably a good question to ask at this point. The link that Afwas showed was completely different than what I was thinking of. All I thought of, and the thing that most skins do, is font and color selection, tweaking text box colors and background images, adding or removing borders from text boxes - simple stuff like that. I think the ality skin is the one that used a lot of javascript to very nicely style the actual buttons. Kinda cool if you're into expecting people to have javascript enabled.

Anyway some additional info on where you want to go is appropriate. As to the classes, just check your source code. Something tells my you probably knew that, so I'll throw in that for many skins the definitions that show up in the rsc/css folder files get over-ridden in the skin's css file, so look there when you know what elements you want to tinker with.

Form is loading...