Recent Topics

1 Jan 23, 2007 13:19    

Hello...
I have problem with using skins.
Version is 1.9.2.
When I try to change skin, in list of available skins I don't see anything. I have seen tutorial, but I don't know how to solve the problem.
I receive a message
...The default skin [custom] set for blog [Blog A] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file...

Please help, my knowledge of php is poor.
Is the problem in bad defined file, at first I did not change anything, because I want to see the default settings. But it did not worked anyway.

In templates message is
...Directory /sites/ja.co.yu/blogs/skins/custom/ not found...

best regards :'(

2 Jan 23, 2007 14:11

To tackle this problem go through these series of steps:
I am assuming the "custom" skin is the skin you want. If not, read for "custom" the skin you prefer.

1) check wether the "custom" skin is on the site. With your FTP program, log in and check what is in the blog/skins folder. There should be a few directories, one of them "custom". If it is is not here, upload the "custom" directory from the downloaded 1.9.2 installation.

2) If there exists a "custom" directory in /blog/skins, check if it is properly setup. Go to backoffice -> Blog settings, click Blog A in bar, -> Display -> default skin. It should read "Custom".

3) If the "custom" skin is availavle and set, there might be a problem in the stub file. You will fin a file called a_stub.php in the root directory /blogs. Open it with your favorite editor and look for these lines:

# First, select which blog you want to display here!
# You can find these numbers in the back-office under the Blogs section.
# You can also create new blogs over there. If you do, you may duplicate this file for the new blog.
$blog = 2;   	// 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

and check if these values are correct. Then look for

# You could *force* a specific skin here with this setting: (otherwise, default will be used)
# $skin = 'basic';

In this example the line is commented out with #. Change 'basic' in 'custom' and remove the # before $skin.

You have probably solved your problem before you come to step three.

Good Luck.

3 Jan 23, 2007 15:03

thanks...
but I did not repair it.
Is step 2 I don't see custom or any other skin like available. Default skin is empty field and in skins or templates I do not see any skins at all...

I don't konow what else to try.

4 Jan 23, 2007 15:15

Try uploading the files for a second time, there might have gone something wrong the fist time. Things I can imagine: not uploaded all files (did you do a clean install or an update) or an upload error.
If this and everything else you can imagine fails, i'm afraid this is a bug. Try posting anew in the bugs report section of this forum with a link to these posts.

GL

5 Mar 04, 2007 22:57

jamesb007 wrote:

thanks...
but I did not repair it.
Is step 2 I don't see custom or any other skin like available. Default skin is empty field and in skins or templates I do not see any skins at all...

I don't konow what else to try.

I am having the same problem. I just installed the newest version to show to some colleagues and the skins are not displaying. It is almost like b2 does not even see any of the skins.

6 Mar 05, 2007 00:08

Have you verified through either FTP or your host's file manager that you have folders in your /skins/ folder? Each skin is a folder in /skins/, and there will also be some files in /skins/. So for example you should have a path for skins/custom/ which will contain a few files. On a clean installation of 1.9.2 you should have the following folders inside your skins folder: basic, custom, natural_pink, nifty_corners, originalb2, skinners_guide, and wpc_default. Each of those is the name of a skin.

So after you know you have skins on your server you should check your back office to make sure skin switching is enabled for any given blog if you want to be able to switch skins from the public side of your blog. Note that this depends on the skin having the code to show other skins, and not all do.

You should also be able to see, on the Blog settings->Pick a blog->skins tab a screen shot of each available skin. Clicking the screen shot will open a new window showing you that skin. If you like it you go back to the real window and click "select" under the screen shot.

Got link?

7 Mar 05, 2007 00:23

When, I go to the demo blogs, I get this message:
The default skin [custom] set for blog [Blog A] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file. Contact the webmaster...
An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

All the skins are in the proper folder.

No skins are listed in the settings area you mention. It is like B2 does not recognize any skins exist.

8 Mar 05, 2007 00:30

By 'demo blogs' do you mean your installation or the demo installation that b2evolution has for people to check out? If you mean your blog a link will help.

Also if you're referring to your own installation it's possible you have a corrupted file somewhere. It's rare, but it happens. I'd suggest starting over with a brand new copy of the zip file. Especially since it's a brand new blog.

EDIT: okay it's gotta be your installation you're concerned with because http://demo.b2evolution.net/v-1-9/blogs/index.php?blog=2 seems to work.

9 Mar 05, 2007 01:44

Thank you. I will try a reinstall and let you know if it works.

Form is loading...