Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2007 16:49    

Hi,

I've done lots of research, here and in Google, but I couldn't find any satisfactory response to my doubts.

So, what's my fuck*ng problem?

1. My images are provided within the feed. Sometimes image is displayed, sometimes just that box with an "x". One way or another, that box is allways there.

In my blog it's like this:
Title
Text, etc.

2. All that I've read here in forum made me believe that yes, I can provide only 35 words from my text but, depending on which feed agregator is acessing the xml, some of them will still be able to show the full text, no matter what I do.

3. Is there a way to control what [u]exactly[/u] my feeds will provide?

I want:

Title
35 words from the post
Read More...
Author
Date

[u]JUST[/u] THAT. And nothing more.

Is that possible?

Where, if not here in forum, I can find information about my questions (links, etc.)?

Yes, I've readed all topics with "Feed" or "RSS" word in it.

My blog:
http://blog.oleschmitt.com.br

PS.: All XML Feeds are disabled for now. No RSS, no Atom, no XMLSRV folder.

Thank you, guys.

2 Jan 25, 2007 01:34

Here's your "fucking" problem: you need to chill out and ask questions nicely if you expect to get answers.

You can limit the feed length by editing conf/_formatting.php and changing $rss_excerpt_length from 0 to 35.

To pull images from your feed you'll have to figure that one out on your own. I don't think anyone has done that yet, meaning if they have they haven't said how to do it here in the forums.

BTW you need to consider upgrading your installation. 1.8.2 has a major and a minor vulnerability that 1.8.7 will close.

Oh and that's a pretty nice skin. Easy on the eyes, and my eyes are so damned old they get tired quickly from ugly webs. Well done.

3 Jan 25, 2007 22:41

Hey, EdB, don't be so moody. I wasn't in intention to offend anybody, I was just trying to be funny, which, obviously didn't work... :'( But thanks for the advising: I won't try to be funny anymore. :'(

Before posting here I'd already read and tried your tip about editing _formatting.php, but images were still delivered within the feed.

I'm aware that this is the 4th or 5th time you pass this same tip over and over again. It wouldn't be necessary if people did research here before asking. Anyway... these things happen.

The solution I found is to use Feedburner.com
Here's the link if you want to take a look:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/SinalDosTemposBlog

It is EXACTLY what I want. This way, feeds distribution are not controlled by b2evolution, but by Feedburner.

Maybe, in some future version, should have a more effetive way to control how feeds are distributed by b2evolution... I'll write it down in Feature Requests section.

I'd also read your advising about that security hole (that one to delete a file from INC folder). I will not think about upgrading by now, because I made all translation directly into the php files, instead of using locales settings/translations. Now I know how stupid it was, but I didn't know anything about b2evolution when I did that (I still don't know thaaaat much, but for shure I know lots more than when I first started).

I'm really glad for you to have liked my blog skin. This comment, coming from a person so critic as you [u]seem[/u] to be, worthed my day. Thank you.

Aggressions we have enough in daily basis. Therefore, sorry once again if somehow I offended you.

Thank you very much for your help
and have a nice day.

PS.: sorry for any English misspellings...

4 Jan 25, 2007 22:53

Ok, now how do I do to make this topic SOLVED?

5 Jan 25, 2007 23:13

ole wrote:

Ok, now how do I do to make this topic SOLVED?

I think you just did, but if you wanted to you could edit your first post and put something like [SOLVED] in the title.

Comedy is cool, but I got tweaked by a request for help starting with a word generally seen as a bad one. I like it and use it regularly, but ... you know ... it's supposed to be a bad word.

Form is loading...