Recent Topics

1 Jan 25, 2007 14:00    

Having upgraded to 1.9.2 everything seems to work okay except when I try to upload an image - I get the following error messages. Does anyone know what has gone wrong? I am using the niftyred skin
THanks John

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/takingtheluk/public_html/blog/blogs/media/blogs/all/horse.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/takingtheluk/public_html/blog/blogs/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1043

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpxi35S2' to '/home/takingtheluk/public_html/blog/blogs/media/blogs/all/horse.jpg' in /home/takingtheluk/public_html/blog/blogs/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1043

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/takingtheluk/public_html/blog/blogs/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php:1043) in /home/takingtheluk/public_html/blog/blogs/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 39

2 Jan 25, 2007 14:53

The media directory (where the final image is going to be stored, i.e., /blog/blogs/media/blogs/all/) is not writable by the Apache process. In my host, for instance, apache is running as 'nobody', and ussually directories created by me have 755 permissions (rwxr-xr-x), so apache cannot write there.

What I do, though I don't like to do it, is to set the permissions on those directories as 757 (rwxr-xrwx) and that works.

3 Jan 29, 2007 04:18

I recently upgraded my b2evolution account, and when I attempt to upload photos to my posts I get the following error:

"You don't have access to any root directory."

This never happened before, and I am unsure of how I can correct the situation. Please help. I would greatly appreciate it...

- Nick

P.S. If the answer above is applicable to my error as well, I guess I'm not sure what to do to set Apache permissions. I'm a bit of a newbie at this.

4 Jan 29, 2007 09:16

If you followed the recommended procedure to upgrade, you deleted the whole /blogs/ directory and then uploaded the files from the new package. Am I right?

What you have to do is change the directory (folder) permissions. 757 (read, write, and execute permission for "owner" and "other", and read, execute permission for "group") is what I have for the blogs/media directory. This you can do from you Cpanel if you don't have ssh access to your server.

Maybe you can find useful the discussion in [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=9842&highlight=media+folder+permission]this thread[/url]

5 Jan 31, 2007 06:47

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure what happened with the upgrade, as I merely clicked the upgrade button in BlueHost. It did all the rest. Everything else seemed to work, except for uploading pictures to posts.

As for the changing permissions, I don't even know how to do that. So I guess I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

6 Jan 31, 2007 10:01

I assume you don't have SSH access.

You access via cPanel, ¿right? In that case go the 'File Manager'. Search in the left navigation panel the directory you need to modify. In my case I click the little folder icon next to 'public_html', then 'blog' (your setup is likely different to mine). Once you locate where your 'media' directory is, you click on the folder name (not on the folder icon) and then several options will appear in the right navigation panel. Select 'Change permissions' there and in the next screen, select the desired mode, by clicking the respective checkboxes. In my setup I have 777 for the media directory, which means owner, group and other can read, write, and 'execute' (navigate through).

I hope this helps, but if if you try and doesn't work, come again and ask.

8 Jan 31, 2007 21:11

Awesome. Fixed things right up. I appreciate the re-direct...

Form is loading...