Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2007 23:01    

I upgraded to 0.9.2, from a far more obsolete version. Everything seems to work except my blog summary, where the following error message appears:

An error occured. Please refresh the page.
Error Message: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (junk after document element at line 4, column 0)

My rss_fetch.inc is unchanged, and located where it belongs. I'm not a developer, and could use some ideas!

Thanks very much,

Boudreaux

www.glory-ho.com

2 Feb 10, 2007 19:36

rss_fetch.inc (and MagpieRSS) do not belong to b2evo itself.
It looks like a custom script and maybe it does not work with the new b2evo version.

3 Feb 11, 2007 15:05

I wonder where you found the method you use to include magpierss in b2evolution? If it was the hack I did there's a thread for it somewhere, and I can tell you the hack as-written still works in version 1.8.7 of b2evolution. I did not test it with each new release and can't recall what version I released it for, but I'm thinking if it worked back then and works now it will probably work with all versions between. For sure it was back in the 0.9.0.* days when I initially did my hack.

5 Feb 11, 2007 15:31

Yes indeed that be the one! When I wanted it for my 187 app I had to find it here because I don't have a copy of it locally anymore. I can't say if I ever incorporated the "there's a big image" fix or not, but I did fix that thread to not require a left-right scroll bar anymore.

(code tag will wrap a line, php tag will not seems to be the root cause)

6 Feb 12, 2007 08:53

Thanks VERY much guys, I'll take a look!

Form is loading...