Recent Topics

1 Feb 17, 2007 10:50    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I downloaded a skin.
Unzip it.
Upload it to the right directory. Yes I did.

Chose it.

And this is what happened when I tried to open my blog...

The default skin [niftyyellow] set for blog [KKF Blogger] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file. Contact the webmaster...

P.S. I don't know what a stub file is.

Please HELP.

2 Feb 17, 2007 11:54

Are you sure that the skin you have downloaded is suitable for your version of B2 which you have as 1.9.x
I think you will find that Nifty Yellow is a b2 v.1.8.+ skin

3 Feb 17, 2007 12:20

Quite a few of the skins from the skins site will work in both 1.8.* and 1.9*, and AFAIK there was never a nifty yellow available for past generations, so it should work. Or at least not act like it's not installed at all. Check the contents of your nifty_yellow folder to make sure it doesn't have another nifty_yellow folder inside. In other words you should find a file at yourdomain.com/skins/nifty_yellow/skinshot.jpg - NOT yourdomain.com/skins/nifty_yellow/nifty_yellow/skinshot.jpg

Oh wait a minute. Since you chose it you could see it in the back office. That means the path must be correct.

Try deleting it from your server, getting a fresh copy of the zip package, unzip it, and re upload it. Might be like a file got bonked somewhere along the line is what I'm thinking.

4 Feb 17, 2007 13:48

EdB wrote:

Quite a few of the skins from the skins site will work in both 1.8.* and 1.9*, and AFAIK there was never a nifty yellow available for past generations, so it should work. Or at least not act like it's not installed at all. Check the contents of your nifty_yellow folder to make sure it doesn't have another nifty_yellow folder inside. In other words you should find a file at yourdomain.com/skins/nifty_yellow/skinshot.jpg - NOT yourdomain.com/skins/nifty_yellow/nifty_yellow/skinshot.jpg

Oh wait a minute. Since you chose it you could see it in the back office. That means the path must be correct.

Try deleting it from your server, getting a fresh copy of the zip package, unzip it, and re upload it. Might be like a file got bonked somewhere along the line is what I'm thinking.

The niftyyellow folder does have a subfolder with the same name. But the skinshot is in the main folder. And yes I could see the preview.
Should I move all content from the subfolder to main folder?

Ok, I think I'll try that.

hmmm...

5 Feb 17, 2007 13:54

It works!

Yeay!!!

Form is loading...