Recent Topics

1 Feb 20, 2007 21:20    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Got another error with the comments:

Notice: Undefined variable: oddcomment in /var/www/arwen137/html/sniglesde/skins/kubrick2evo/_lastcomments.php on line 32

and

Notice: Undefined variable: oddcomment in /var/www/arwen137/html/sniglesde/skins/kubrick2evo/_lastcomments.php on line 67

got this error after updating from 1.8 to 1.92

example @ http://www.snigles.de/index.php?disp=comments

2 Feb 20, 2007 21:30

Look for

while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() ) { // Loop through comments: ?>
	<?php echo '<li class="'.$oddcomment.'">'; ?>

in _feedback.php and change it to this:

$oddcomment = '';
while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() ) { // Loop through comments: ?>
	<?php echo '<li class="'.$oddcomment.'">'; ?>

Thanks for reporting. Assuming this works I'll add the same corrective action to the 3 flavors of kubrick I'm making play nice with 192.

3 Feb 20, 2007 21:37

dear edb,

still the same problem :(

so long
joachim

4 Feb 20, 2007 22:06

Can I see where this is happening?

5 Feb 21, 2007 09:07

@Edb
The example link is in his first post.

Look forward to your fix for it :)

6 Feb 21, 2007 09:13

oh durrrr....

So make the same change in _lastcomments.php and it should work. I did it to _feedback.php on my test installation and fixed it on a permalink page, but didn't look at the disp=lastcomments page.

EDIT: I don't have a _lastcomments.php file in my 1.9.2 versions. Hmmm...

I'll be back!

7 Feb 21, 2007 09:19

Okay that wasn't so bad. The 1.8.* version of that skin has a _lastcomments.php file, so crack it open and find this:

echo '<ol class="bCommentList">';

while( $Comment = & $CommentList->get_next() ) { // Loop through comments:
	$Comment->get_Item(); // Load comment's Item object

Now make it be this:

echo '<ol class="bCommentList">';

$oddcomment = '';
while( $Comment = & $CommentList->get_next() ) { // Loop through comments:
	$Comment->get_Item(); // Load comment's Item object

What's happening, I think, is it's getting all upset because the code is asking about the variable's value when it's not set to anything yet. Used to be not existing was functionally the same as being set to ''. Obviously that's not the case anymore :(

Gonna hafta figure out why I don't have that file in the 1.9.2 versions of that skin. Doesn't make any sense to not have it so I guess I better get on that detail too.

8 Feb 21, 2007 21:22

alright EdB ... thanxx a lot I works !

So long
Joachim

9 Feb 21, 2007 21:40

Cool. Hey check it out. You could also make it be $oddcomment = 'GrayBox'; if, artistically speaking, it looks better with the first comment showing up with a gray instead of white background.

10 Feb 22, 2007 03:14

@Edb
I'm going to give this alternating styles for comments a go on other 1.9.2 skins.
Apart from the _feedback.php and the obvious CSS styling, are there any other files involved ?

12 Feb 25, 2007 10:05

any news about this error?

14 Feb 26, 2007 14:00

alright EdB. I loaded the_feedback.php to my server an the error is fixed now. Worked pretty well now! thanxx

Form is loading...