Recent Topics

1 Mar 02, 2007 11:25    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am using the Niftyred and Niftyyellow skins on my blog (www.ketrin.co.uk/blogs) and was wondering if there is an easy way of having a Blogroll in the sidebar where I can link to other peoples blogs?

2 Mar 27, 2007 04:52

Not all skins have the linkblog included. The custom skin is the skin that has virtually all possibilities of B2e incorporated.
So you go to the custom skin and open _main.php there you'll find this piece of code:

<?php
		// -------------------------- LINKBLOG INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_linkblog.php' );
		// -------------------------------- END OF LINKBLOG ----------------------------------
	?>

You want that in the _main.php file of the Nifty red skin.
Furthermore you want to copy the _linkblog.php into the ../blogs/skins/niftyred/ folder.

Last you want your linkblog enabled. You probably switched it off (or probably you did not, but check it anyway). Turn it on again in the back office and make links in this linkblog to friendly blogs. You can categorize them as you wish.
If you've done everything correctly they will now show up in your blog in the sidebar (that's where you put the piece of code above).

Check the custom blog so you'll get an idea of how it should look.

Form is loading...