Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2007 18:53    

I have 4 blogs :

1) Blog All
2) Blog A
3) Blog B
4) Linkblog

Whenever I choose Blog A/BLinkblog, the sidebar only shows the Blog All And Blog A without all the sub-categories.

Same deal if I make Blog A the main blog to display. Sidebar only shows Blog All And Blog A.

Is there any way (whichever Blog is put as default) to make all Blogs and sub-categories appear in every single Blog page's sidebar ?

Look at the pics to see for yourself :

The first pic displays what happen if I click a category (or sub-cat) and it's like that in every page (sometimes even less than this).

The second picture is what I have in the main page of my Blog (only when I set Blog All as default to display).

I would like to see the same displayed in the second picture in every single page of my Blog (and I mean, every single page)...

Is there no solution...? LoL

Thanks.

Thanks.

2 Apr 05, 2007 18:51

Wow,

no one has a solution...?

:-(

3 Apr 06, 2007 04:17

Open ../blogs/conf/_admin.php. On line 63 (in version 1.9.x) you find:

/**
 * Cross posting
 * Possible values:
 *   - -1 if you don't want to use categories at all
 *   - 0 if you want users to post to a single category only
 *   - 1 if you want to be able to cross-post among multiple categories
 *   - 2 if you want to be able to cross-post among multiple blogs/categories
 *   - 3 if you want to be able to change main cat among blogs (which will move the
 *       posts from one blog to another; use with caution)
 * @global int $allow_cross_posting
 */
$allow_cross_posting = 1;

Change this setting to 2.

Good luck

4 Apr 06, 2007 04:43

I made the change but still....

1) I can see only a partial of the whole Blogs/Categories...

2) As soon as I changed that, my website went "white" on IE and a message appears on top if I use Firefox: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/MyBlog/conf/_admin.php:1) in /home/mysite/public_html/MyBlog/inc/MODEL/sessions/_session.class.php on line 201

?????

5 Apr 06, 2007 04:51

lovesensualitydevotion wrote:

2) As soon as I changed that, my website went "white" on IE and a message appears on top if I use Firefox: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/MyBlog/conf/_admin.php:1) in /home/mysite/public_html/MyBlog/inc/MODEL/sessions/_session.class.php on line 201

?????

You've mistakenly added a space or a carriage return either before the first <?php or after the last ?> in _admin.php

6 Apr 06, 2007 05:01

In ../blogs/plugins/_categories.plugin.php change line 152:

if( $blog > 1 )

in

if( $blog > 10 )

where 10 is larger than your largest blog number.

Hope this one works.

Good luck

7 Apr 06, 2007 05:31

Perfect, thank you very much....

That's exactely what I was looking for...

But...(Sorry..LOL)...

If I choose, let's say, Blog A as a default (instead of Blog All), why the posts count in the Categories list is 0 (instead of showing the actual number of posts available...)...????

I mean, if Blog is set as default, when I click a sub-directory, the list in the sidebar is not "up-to-date....

Thanks.

8 Apr 06, 2007 19:02

Return your plugin file to it's original configuration and try something new, but first let's know how the problem happens. Blog #1 is an aggregator blog. That means all posts in all categories are part of blog #1 - even though they were posted in a different blog. That means all the categories are considered part of blog #1 when it comes time to make the sidebar categories list, which is why the categories plugin has a special case for blog #1.

Well then all we have to do is trick the categories plugin into believing it is making the sidebar item for blog #1 no matter what blog is actually being displayed. Fortunately we can (probably) use the oldest dirty trick in the book. In your skins/yourskin/_main.php file find the bit that makes your categories in the sidebar. It'll look something like this:

<?php
		// -------------------------- CATEGORIES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		// Call the Categories plugin:
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
			) );
		// -------------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ----------------------------------
	?>

Now add the dirty trick:

<?php
// The oldest dirty trick in the book:
$saved_blog = $blog;
$blog = 1;
		// -------------------------- CATEGORIES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		// Call the Categories plugin:
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
			) );
		// -------------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ----------------------------------
// Restore after dirty trick:
$blog = $saved_blog;
	?>

I haven't tested this but I'm pretty sure it'll work.

9 Apr 06, 2007 21:17

EdB,

Before changing the Blog I want to be displayed...(was still waking up..lol)

your "trick" works seamlessly...a truly beauty...

After changing and making Blog A the default...

your trick still works like a charm !!!

Thanks a lot, man...Always loved your tips (they never failed).

Emilio.

(And, of course, thanks to everybody for your help. I really appreciated.)

Form is loading...