Recent Topics

1 Apr 06, 2007 09:20    

I am in a test period, building a new blog system.

I have 9 blogs, numbered: 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10

Blog # 4, was the linkblog, that one I have deleted.

Email notification works on my posts in blog 1,2,3 and 5, but NOT in blog 6,7,8,9 and 10 ????

I have made serveral "scans" on the blog settings, and they are all the same.

I have checked to see if I am having the correct email settings in the ../blogs/conf/_basic_conf.php, in line 96, and in ../blogs/conf/_advanced.php, in line 146, i have made a custom setting pointing towards my correct email adress.

But still without any luck ;-(

Must admit, that after installation, I made a new admin account, and deleted the original. Could this by any change have made an impact to the system ?

I have tried deleting all of the test post, and then remade them again, but this don't change anything, notificatio works in blog 1,2,3 and 5, but not in 6,7,8,9 and 10 ;-(

As always, any help is highly apriciated.

This is almost a dublication on my post here: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=11294, but I thought that this might be a bug, so I posted i here too, hope it's okey ;-)

2 Apr 06, 2007 10:57

Okey, maybe not a bug......

It looks like I have found a soolution to the problem.

When deleting a blog, and afterwards adding a new one, the original blog number are no longer used, instead the new blog gets the next available number.

So I deleted all my blogs, except one. Then I opend the PHPadmin, and opend the B2evalution database, found the table for the automatic posting of the blog numbers, and reset it back, so the next new blog, gets the number 3. Then I created all my blogs again, but now they are nicely numbered from 1-9.

Guess what ? Now it seems to work, so far no problems.

I have very limited knowledge on SQL databases, and PHP programming, so I cannot even guess why it would matters that the blogs are not numbered in a strait row, but maybe others ?

Form is loading...