Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2007 16:13    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.x

Hi,

Can anyone provide help with upgrading a custom skin from 1.8.1RC1 to 1.9.3? I've tried upgrading a couple of times myself, but the upgrade doesn't match the original look.

To do the upgrade, I'm using Winmerge to identify what portions of:

/blogs/skins/custom/custom.css
/blogs/skins/custom/_main.php

I need to modify in 1.9.3 to match my 1.8.1RC1 skin.

Thanks,

RocketDude

2 Apr 09, 2007 14:21

You'll need to give a link to your skin and describe what's not right.

3 Apr 12, 2007 18:32

Personman,

Sorry about that.

The website is blog.beckwithpartners.biz -- I can send the files if necessary

The problem is when I tried to convert to the 1.9.3, the text doesn't show up (it's the same color as the background), plus the text area shows up as white and not the correct shade of green.

Regards,

RocketDude

4 Apr 12, 2007 19:58

RocketDude,
It looks like you've reverted back to 1.8, so I can't tell you exactly what's going wrong. I'm pretty sure it's just a clash of css values from some css file in the new version. It should be easy to fix. Do you have Firefox installed? If so, get the Firebug extension. Then you can inspect an element and it will show you all of the css rules that are applying to it.

You can upgrade your installation to 1.9 or you can first set up a test install and get your skin fixed up, then upgrade. Either way, Firebug will help you correct the css trouble. If you need help, do the test install, then post a link to your skin on 1.9 and I'll look at the css for you.

Form is loading...