Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2007 22:36    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.3

I'd like to change the name of the link to the back office, currently "Admin," to something like "Back Office." (Why? (1) a whole word; (2) not same as Admin user; (3) more descriptive.)

In the _main.php file, there is this code:

<?php 
user_admin_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_profile_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
user_subs_link( '<li>', '</li>' );
?>

which I believe means that the name displayed for user_admin_link is controlled somewhere else. Can someone tell me where to find it?

3 Apr 19, 2007 06:47

I'm amazed to see that the file you sent me to describes _user.funcs.php, not _main.php from which I quoted the code. Which were you thinking I should change?

My reasoning that the words "Admin" and "Profile" and "Subscribe" are not being picked up from the lines of code quoted is that they are not in the same form. Something else could be capitalizing them, but "Subscribe" is the tip-off that the words come from somewhere else. Isn't it? (I don't know much PHP, am just trying to puzzle it out logically.)

That somewhere else might be _user.funcs.php. And maybe I'll get up my nerve tomorrow to try changing it...

4 Apr 19, 2007 14:17

_main.php, which is where the function is called from. By sending parameters with the function you will be telling the other file to use your values for those parameters instead of it's default values. "Admin" is a default value. You want something different, so you tell it what you want with the parameter for that bit.

5 Apr 19, 2007 19:18

It works! hooray!

And understanding dawns, bit by bit (as usual).

Thank you! (And thank you especially for taking the time to clarify.)

Form is loading...