Recent Topics

1 Apr 26, 2007 03:19    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I have a members-only blog setup so all the posts are "private" as opposed to "public". This means that only registered members with permission to post/edit private posts can, well, post or edit.

I tried the subscribe feature but when I post (with a different account), it said this,

"Post not publicly published: skipping notifications..."

Is there a way to setup b2evo blog so that it notifies subscribed members of a new private post?

2 Apr 26, 2007 03:35

Actually "private" means 'you and only you' can see the post, where you is the person who wrote the post. I think what you're after is 'protected' posts. Protected means that only registered users who are members of the blog the post is in will get to see the post. Therefore with 'protected' posts, the 10 people who are members of blog 14 can see all the posts written by the 4 members of that blog who also have post permissions. Does that make sense?

3 Apr 26, 2007 03:44

yes, sorry, i meant "protected". Currently, the members are able to see, post, and edit the posts within the blog.

I had set up the blog so that members can only write "protected" posts, that's taken cared of. I'd also like for the members to be able to receive updates when a new "protected" post is posted within that blog, that's the current problem.

5 Apr 27, 2007 08:57

Sorry, but I'm my only blogger. On a multi-blogger installation I take care of I subscribe to the feed to see what people are posting, so I really don't know much about the subscription thing. All I know is that when you said "private" I thought that might have explained the issue.

6 Apr 27, 2007 09:02

thanks for your response. i'll play around and see if I can get it to update ppl on new protected posts.

7 Jul 09, 2007 14:52

Has anyone got anywhere with this? I run a members only work based blog that needs the email notifications switched on. But like the OP says posts with Members only status skip notifications

Form is loading...