Recent Topics

1 May 24, 2007 02:22    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hello- I've recently installed b2evolution and am getting ready to start my blog. Here's the link http://www.july171955.com/b2evolution/index.php

While I intend to learn HTML, PHP, etc, I know nothing about them at this point, and am not a coder at all. I'm looking for some help with 2 things.

1- As you can probably see, the header and the top of the text below are overlapping. How can I either make the header a little smaller or start the text a little lower?

2- I want to add a logo to the header, how do I do that? I found this question in reference to other skins (I'm using k2e_blue), but I don't find that exact code in my skin, and I also need it spelled out since I'm a rookie.

I found this code in the main.php file of the k2e skin:

<div id="header">
<h1><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>"><?php $Blog->disp( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></h1>
<div class="description"><?php $Blog->disp( 'tagline', 'htmlbody' ) ?></div>
</div>

Is this the header code I will need to modify for both of my questions?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2 May 24, 2007 02:38

Wow that's an old problem that I forgot about, and therefore did not include a corrective action in the skin when I repackaged it for v1.9.3. So here's the best I can suggest to you: use the search function to look for the keyword "kubrick" OR "kubrick2evo" (probably the second one is the best for a single-word search), and add my forum name to that field. Eventually you'll find a post I wrote that talks about that problem, and it's corrective action.

And hey if you find the post I'm talking about please post the link here so others with this issue can find it easily.

BTW the problem is because there is no bloglist. That means the space the skin expects to use for a bloglist is now zero, so everything else creeps up enough to look bad.

4 May 24, 2007 10:18

You would be better off finding something that you can edit images with and add your logo where it looks best on the background image in the /img/ folder, but yeah you could try adding it as a regular img tag in that area.

5 May 25, 2007 01:35

Ok, I'll go the image editing route. Thanks.

Form is loading...