Recent Topics

1 May 26, 2007 07:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

I searched the forum and Google but was not able to find any help on how to display a b2evolution blog to mobile WAP/WML based devices. Any information would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

2 May 29, 2007 15:23

Hi ronc,
The way to do this is to create a skin that outputs in WML format. The RSS feeds that b2evolution provides are actually just skins. Those might be a good place to look to get stated. You could copy the skins/_rss folder and call it skins/_wml. Then just change the tags to make it work with wml.

3 May 31, 2007 16:46

So, have you made any progress on this? Are you running into any problems yet? Once you get the skin ready, you'll be able to use a stub file and force that skin on the stub file. So, your users can go to a url like this: yoursite.com/m.php on their phone and bam, the wml skin shows your latest blog posts.

4 Jun 01, 2007 02:56

Hi,

Yes, I have a solution now, thanks. I used the 'basic' skin with a tool that reads html files and converts them to WML. Works great! :-)

5 Jun 01, 2007 03:17

Sounds good. I still might like to have a go at creating a wml skin. If I ever get around to it, I'll post back here.

Form is loading...