Recent Topics

1 May 28, 2007 20:30    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

The spacing on my blog has been altered in IE but looks perfect in mozilla. I think it might have to do with the lenght of some of the links being posted? Could one of you experts out there point me in the right direction ?

You can find the blog here: http://rnnblogs.com/index.php/msg/2007/05/26/open_thread_general_discussion_7#feedbacks
[/code]

2 May 29, 2007 04:49

ryanspublishing,

1) People who comment may have REALLY LONG URL links. (I'd control this by not showing the URL, but rather, linking their name). That should keep the really long URL's under crontrol.

2) That may fix I6, which appears to have its content shifted to the left. (IE7 and Moz - FireFoxv2 - seem to be showing a similar result).

It would be interesting to see if IE6 'breaks', if there are no "too-long" comment URL's.

Hope this helps.

-stk

3 May 30, 2007 01:34

How do I hide the URL and link their name instead?

4 May 30, 2007 01:55

You'd just modify the feedback.php file that's used for the skin (might point to the one in the directory above).

In skins/_feedback.php ... look for the following PHP code:

<?php
					case 'comment': // Display a comment:
						echo T_('Comment from:').' ';
						$Comment->author();
						$Comment->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );
						$Comment->author_url( '', ' &middot; ', '' );
						break;
?>

You can use something like what we use, which is this ...

<?php
					case 'comment': // Display a comment:
						echo T_('Comment from:').' ';
  // check to see if they put in a URL
  if ( strstr($Comment->author_url,'http://') )
  {
	  echo '<a rel="nofollow" href="'.$Comment->author_url.'" title=" Visit their site ">'.$Comment->author.'</a>'; // their link if so
	}else{
	  if ( isset($Comment->author_user_ID) && $Comment->author_user_ID==1 )
		{
		  echo '<span>Admin</span>';  // if comment by the Admin (might have more tests if you have more users, we don't)
		}else{
		  echo '<span>'$Comment->author.'</span>';  // comment from a visitor without a link
		}
	}
$Comment->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );

break;
?>

IF you want this change for ALL skins ... modify /skins/_feedback.php ...

IF you want this change for one skin only ... move the contents of /skins/_feedback.php into /skins/yourSkin/_feedback.php and make these changes.

Hope this helps.

-stk

5 May 31, 2007 04:11

Thank you so much

6 May 31, 2007 06:18

uhm, sure.

don't bust a gut here or anything :|

Maybe I'll just disappear and quit answering questions again.

Form is loading...