Recent Topics

1 Jun 03, 2007 23:56    

Oh wise gurus...

Posting from my admin to my blog I get this error, yet I can post a test blog with no problems. The blog is shorter than the last post and it is not a exceeding my blog space...

Where have I failed? I reviewed the post in edit in case there were some unallowed characters I was unaware of. Yet the server has slapped my hand.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@homeinterest.us and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.homeinterest.us Port 80

http://homeinterest.us/blog

2 Jun 04, 2007 19:20

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

3 Jun 04, 2007 19:31

[Mon Jun 4 13:03:22 2007] [error] [client 66.249.70.186] File does not exist: /home/homeinte/public_html/robots.txt

I am afraid this is greek to me....

4 Jun 04, 2007 20:57

This is not the error..

1. Produce the error
2. Then look it up in the error log (there are time stamps and IP addresses, you know?!)

btw: what's greek about it. "File does not exists" is clear, isn't it?! In this case, someone requested a file robots.txt and it does not exist. You should probably create one, but that's another issue and _not_ _this_ _error_.

5 Jun 05, 2007 00:30

Well slap me upside the head, why didn't I think of that...

Here is the log, but still not computing what I should be chasing here. Any insight?

[04-Jun-2007 13:08:56] PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './json.so' - ./json.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

6 Jun 05, 2007 00:34

Ah.. that's still just a unrelated warning.

But "slap me upside the head, why didn't I think of that..." remembered me of something:
you're using IE and it has this crappy feature of "nice" error pages, which is enabled by default.
b2evo barks out because of something, but IE hides it from you.
Please try another browser (or change the IE config - without asking here what the option is, please) and you should see the b2evo error.

7 Jun 05, 2007 14:03

Alright I admit it I am having a brain infarction.

I have the friendly errors turned off on IE 6 for years. I can't run 7 due to errors with handling our .asp server pages.

I last log error I sent that was of no help was from the host and from the b2 file.

I get no errors in the event files on my machine in either IE or firefox.

The following error is from the hosting servers control panel.

[Tue Jun 5 07:59:19 2007] [error] [client 70.155.182.254] File does not exist: /home/homeinte/public_html/500.shtml

If there is another error file we need to look at give me if it is server or users machine so I can go hunt it down.

Thanks for the patience!!

8 Jun 05, 2007 15:27

Well we can close this thread. I went back into the admin posting section and played with pounding out 40 lines of giberish and it posted fine.

I tried to post just one cut paragrah from the prewritten post and it kicked. The post had the word CD in it and after clipping this the full post went up with no errors.

Are there words perhaps that the posting procedure does not like? B)

Form is loading...