Recent Topics

1 Jun 04, 2007 02:18    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

i have b2evolution setup with multiple bloggers running their perspective blog id's...masters of their own domain if you will.

when a blogger logs into the back office, however, they can see the other blog links.

i want them to only see their blog link (under settings, posts, etc).

i also want to find out how to limit their influence on some of the advanced functions...for instance, i am the superuser for all of the blogs. i don't want them to change my permissions.

any info would be awesome.

ps..i know this is a permissions thing, but i have RTFM and all of the posts. none of them seem to address it directly.

2 Jun 04, 2007 15:49

For the first thing I suggest looking at the permissions you've given the group that the bloggers are in. Let's say your bloggers are in group 3 and you've given group 3 some permissions on blogs. ALL the bloggers get those permissions. Therefore simply remove all group permissions and this issue will fade away. I just set up a multi-user installation of which I am one user. I see when I log in as the non-admin version of me that I only get 2 blogs in my back office.

The second issue is very hard to micromanage. You can download the autoblog plugin and check some of the "pre-hacked" files to learn how you can tweak some of the permissions that normally come to a blogger who has permission to edit a blog's settings. It will require core file hacks though. AFAIK there isn't enough hooks to use a plugin to control sub-tabs once a user gets the main tab.

Form is loading...