Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2007 21:37    

I am new to b3evolution. Mine is a new installation on a private, internal server (i.e., not available on the web).

I can’t make the Tag Cloud plugin display on my blog page. I think that I’ve followed the installation process correctly, but I’m obviously missing something. My environment:

Apache 2.x on Windows Vista
PHP 5.2.0
MySql 5.0.27

b2Evolution 1.10.2
TagCloud 2.02
Skin nifty_red

I installed the plugin and activated it. I left the settings at their default values. I added the call_by_code() snippet to skins/nifty_red/_main.php, just above the call_by_code() for the calendar. I added the css code to skins/nifty_red/rsc/stylesheet.css.

Each of my posts has one or more categories assigned. (The posts themselves display as expected.)

When I view the blog page, the tag cloud does not appear.

To verify that I am working with the right files, I added a div class=”evo_tagcloud” to _main.php just before the call to call_by_code(). The text in that div appears with the expected formatting from the css.

I tried repeating the process with a different skin (miami_blue) with the same results.

I have added a couple of other plugins successfully, so I am confident that - in general - the installation is working correctly.

Any ideas as to what I should look at next?

2 Jun 19, 2007 19:04

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the tagcloud needs incoming keyword searches in order to display anything. If your site is on a private, internal server, and nobody is coming to the site via search engine searches, then it will never have anything to display.

jj.

3 Jun 19, 2007 21:02

jibberjab wrote:

I think the tagcloud needs incoming keyword searches in order to display anything.

Hmmm... I thought that it used the category settings for each post as its source. I would expect an empty box instead of nothing at all.

bkg

4 Jul 08, 2007 01:00

Tag cloud doesn't appear after installing. I have followed all the instructions correctly. Can anyone help? the plugin designer just refers everyone who has problems to this forum. thanks

5 Jul 08, 2007 01:51

Make certain the code to call the plugin that you put in your main.php is correct.

For instance, the default text to put in your main.php is:

<?php
$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_TagCloud', array() );
?>

I had to change mine to:

<?php
$Plugins->call_by_code( 'tagcloud', array() );
?>

to make it work.

The proof:

http://www.smileysmile.net/desperblog/index.php

It's 1.10.2.

Got to App Settings, Plugins, Tag Cloud, to find the proper code.

6 Jul 13, 2007 00:28

Anyone knows if it's possible to use tagcloud with "incoming keyword searches" instead of categories ?

8 Jul 26, 2007 19:49

cslepage, I tried both, neither worked. I'm beginning to think there must be a conflict with the skin I'm using. I wonder if Brian every got his working. I'm using the andreas1 skin.

but thanks for trying to help.

9 Jul 26, 2007 22:06

I got it working with custom skin

10 Aug 08, 2007 03:33

One thing I recently noticed on my comiclist.com blog. The tag cloud does not function when used in stub files. The links in the cloud take you right back to the stub file. The normal category list works fine, however.

11 Aug 08, 2007 16:06

It worked fine for me in 1.10.2. Just installed the plugin and copied the code for it into the sidebar of my skin. One of the easiest plugins!

12 Aug 14, 2007 02:36

cslepage wrote:

One thing I recently noticed on my comiclist.com blog. The tag cloud does not function when used in stub files. The links in the cloud take you right back to the stub file. The normal category list works fine, however.

CORRECTION: it works fine when you are using the latest version. My apologies.

Form is loading...