Recent Topics

1 May 18, 2004 19:14    

I just migrated from Geeklog to b2evolution and wanted to share the script that I wrote to accomplish the migration.

The script imports stories and comments. Authors and categories need to be added before hand and translations need to be mapped out in the script.

I have some substitutions because I had posts that were not XHTML compliant and b2evolution complains when you edit and save stories that aren't compliant.

Enjoy, and let me know if you use it.

Download: [url=http://www.jeffbearer.com/stuff/gl2evo.tar.gz]gl2evo.tar.gz[/url] (4182 bytes)

2 May 18, 2004 21:59

Thanks Jeff!

Can we include iyour script in future releases?

(can't access the .gz right now!?)
(a bundled HTML page with quick usage instructions would be awesome)

3 May 20, 2004 18:04

Fran?ois,

The link now goes to the fixed up script. the tar.gz has a readme file explaining how to configure it. Feel free to use it as you see fit, I released it under the GPL as well.

I used your urltitle_validate function in the script, and of course is still attributed to you.

PS. if you're on windows use wordpad to open those files, they are unix files and notepad doesn't like the lack of cr's.

5 May 20, 2004 19:50

You're talking about vi or emacs right? ;)

6 May 20, 2004 22:11

Nope. UltraEdit is for Windows. I use it constantly, and say great things about it whenever the topic of text editors comes up. Great little program.

I always thought it was funny that you can buy M$ Visual C++, and without writing a line of code, use the MFC wizard to create a text editor that outperforms Notepad. :roll: Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to playa-hate on Bill G, but it's a little disappointing that Windows' support for the most common data transfer format in the world (ASCII text files) is so limited.

7 May 26, 2004 21:55

Jeff,

Look slike you've done a nice job here :)

I have included your script in the distribution, in a folder named /extra/geeklog .

/extra will be for all utility scripts that do not get integrated in the administration interface. (let me know however, if you want to integrate it more).

Anyway, if you're familiar with CVS I'd like to give you access to the repository so you can update the script directly if users find some issues.

Thanks for your contribution!

-Fran?ois.

8 Aug 26, 2004 13:17

I thought this script was going to solve all my migration woes, I think I am almost there but I keep getting this error:

Warning: main(public_html/***/***/blogs/b2evocore/_functions_bposts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ultramon/public_html/***/***/extras/geeklog/gl2evo.php on line 58

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'public_html/***/***/blogs/b2evocore/_functions_bposts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ultramon/public_html/***/***/extras/geeklog/gl2evo.php on line 58

My version of GL is 1.3.7sr1 so I know this script was not designed for this version but surely, I am so close. Someone help me out, p-p-p-lease. :-/

9 Aug 29, 2004 02:29

Found my original problem and fixed it, now I am getting a new problem - any help would be much apprectiated:

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/****/****/b2evocore/_functions_bposts.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/****/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/****/public_html/****/****/extras/geeklog/gl2evo.php on line 58

Warning: main(/public_html/****/****/b2evocore/_functions_bposts.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/****/public_html/****/****/extras/geeklog/gl2evo.php on line 58

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/public_html/****/****/b2evocore/_functions_bposts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/****/public_html/****/****/extras/geeklog/gl2evo.php on line 58

Looks like it might be a permissions problem, but I don't know.

10 Feb 19, 2006 04:36

I feel like a spaz... how do I run this? Whether I run it from the command line or from a web browser, I get the same error: "Please, do not access this page directly."

I know the paths are set up correctly for my installation.

Form is loading...