Recent Topics

1 Aug 09, 2007 21:33    

i'm working on skinning my installation of b2evolution, but i'm running into one problem. The comment author always appears as "name [visitor]". I do not want this. I want it to just be "name".
My problem is that there is only one line of code that is causing both of these to appear:

$Comment->author();

thus i can't just take out the
"[visitor]" without taking out the name. I looked through the backoffice for a setting that could turn it off, but to no avail. is there something i'm missing? or do I have to dig through the code for the core in order to actually remove the feature?

Thanks

3 Aug 13, 2007 04:37

worked great, thanks!

4 Sep 11, 2007 03:23

This post was super helpful - I tried to do the same thing and now I think I broke my blog - any ideas as to why? What did I do wrong? What can I do to fix this? Here's what I get when I try to access the blog -

Warning: main(.../public_html/Blog/inc/MODEL/comments/_commentlist.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..../public_html/Blog/inc/_main.inc.php on line 330

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '..../public_html/Blog/inc/MODEL/comments/_commentlist.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /..../public_html/Blog/inc/_main.inc.php on line 330

5 Sep 11, 2007 03:38

Best to make a backup of the file before you are going to make a change. Second best: grab a fresh download of the version of B2evo you are running and replace the file you were playing with with that one. Since it seems you were working on a skin file, you will experience no problems if you just temporarily switch to another skin.

Good luck

6 Sep 11, 2007 03:46

The problem is that's what I get when I go into the .../admin.php

7 Sep 11, 2007 03:54

If this is about version 1.10 check the existence of the file ../blogs/inc/MODEL/comments/_commentlist.class.php.

Remember, you can always upload *all* the files from a fresh download as long as you don't switch the version. That's a last resort, but for screwed up blogs, it's nice to know it's possible. One exception is the file ../blogs/conf/_basic_conf.php with info about connecting the database and specific skins you made changes to.

Good luck

8 Sep 11, 2007 05:34

After restoring a backup, it all worked out...it's amazing what will happen when you mistype...

9 Sep 18, 2007 08:53

Austriaco wrote:

The function $Comment->author() may receive serveral parameters that control what you want: http://doc.b2evolution.net/v-1-10/evocore/Comment.html#methodauthor

In particular you want to change $after in the call from the default, which is

' ['.T_('Visitor').']'

Something like

$Comment->author($after='')

should do it, I guess.

Please......

Are we are talking about line 356 in: _comment_class.php ??

Can't get this to work :(

Could't you please provide me with the exact code for the entire line 356

......please

10 Sep 18, 2007 13:26

Nop, the modification I mention has to be made in the file /skins/yourskin/_feedback.php

11 Sep 19, 2007 12:07

Austriaco wrote:

Nop, the modification I mention has to be made in the file /skins/yourskin/_feedback.php

Okey, nothing to change in the file mentioned above.

Guess that you mean: /skins/_feedback.php

Line 122 says:

$Comment->author();

But it does not work, if I change this to:

$Comment->author($after='')

But I might just don't understand what you mean :(

12 Sep 19, 2007 12:39

$Comment->author( '', '');

;)

¥

13 Sep 19, 2007 20:15

Yep - that's working.... almost

Works for everybody, except the comments made by myself, which still says [Member]

Dare I ask for a sollution for that too ?

:roll:

14 Sep 19, 2007 20:39

$Comment->author('', '', '', '')

The first two empty strings are for $before_author and $after_author (for non-members) ; the last two $before_user and $after_user (i.e., for members)

15 Sep 20, 2007 12:04

$Comment->author('', '', '', '');

Perfect !

You are the best :!:
:D

Thanks

Form is loading...