Recent Topics

1 Sep 09, 2007 11:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.0-alpha1

Hmm, the wiki page is, I assume, not finish yet... so...

Anyone who can write a flow-chart structure of Skins 2.0?
The built-in Skins don't have *.tpl.php files.

The custom skin only have index.main.php. And I just looked at it today and it is so bare... hehe...

anyway, back to searching the files and look for the different parts...

EDIT/UPDATE: Forget it, found everything.

I understood now the new format. :) Love it, it's how I split my HTML if I'm not feeling lazy :p

Migrating the "Midnight" skin over to Skins 2.0.

And glad to see a built-in "Tag" system :)

--- back to skin migration to Skins 2.0...

2 Sep 09, 2007 15:41

EDIT/UPDATE: Forget it, found everything.

Where ?

4 Sep 10, 2007 03:08

You can also check your /skins/ folder. The .inc.php files are there.

If you rely on custom skin to guide you to migrating or creating a new skin, I suggest you just use it this time as a reference only. The custom skin only have 1 file named "index.main.php" which houses all the stuff in a single file - which is the old method.

Use evopress as your guide this time. It has the _sidebar.inc.php and _????_header.inc.php, etc. With the index.main.php only containing the includes. evopress was made using the Skins 2.0 method, the "new way".

It's up to you which method you want to use, but personally, I strongly suggest splitting your code to different files, it's easier. Or maybe it's just me, coz it's how I really do it. I'm not a fan of scrolling a hundred line files :p

5 Sep 10, 2007 03:12

I think we soon going to love it. At least I hope so. Laibcoms is right, this time the evopress skin is the standard, no longer the custom.

Form is loading...