Recent Topics

1 Oct 12, 2007 02:15    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

I have installed 1.10.2 "florida".

I can not login to back office. I have deleted the database tables at least 5 times and done a new install as many times.

I enter "admin" and the password givin in the install. The login page just reloads.

I have deleted the cookies for the blog each time on the install as well. I saw a post about old cookies with new intalls.

The install goes fine. All tables are created. I can see the temp blog page with all the links. They work. The blog works as installed except I can not log in to the back office

????????????

Thanks

2 Oct 12, 2007 07:21

If you login (and get back to the login screen) and now you go to the blog, what does it say in the sidebar where it previously said 'login'. If there is a new item 'admin' then click that one to get to the backoffice.

Good luck

3 Oct 16, 2007 02:42

I was trying to log in from the temp index page in .../blogs/

This page has links to the blogs and a "go to back office" link at the bottom.

I tried to log in from the sidebar on the sample blog A like you say in your post. This admin page is different and has a "log in" and " login to back office" link. I tried both. No worky. Go back to the blog A page and the link still sais "login"

I have been messing with this for a week now and I am at wits end. This is for my wife and now I am getting major flak from her about it. This was supposed to be an easy 123 deal.

I am blowing away the whole thing. I will try with a fresh install. I will post again if I have the same problem

Thanks

4 Oct 16, 2007 03:59

Ok I deleted the domain off my server. Created a new set up with a new database.

Uploaded the entire contents of the b2evolution folder to the server.

Updated the _basic_config.php file.

Installed. All is ok. Blog works.

Tried to login to back office and AGAIN the login page reloads.

Tried to login from the Blog page. Same thing happens.

I searched my temp internet files for blog cookies. Found one named /blogs and deleted it.

Closed the browser.

Tried to log in again . NO change. Login page just reloads.

Be glad to supply the login password

Sure would appreciate some help here.

Thanks

5 Oct 16, 2007 10:23

You can PM me your password (Personal Mail, that's the button underneath this post) and I will have a look at it. I need a link also.

Good luck

6 Oct 19, 2007 07:05

I still have not solved the problem.

Could this be a file permission issue. Can anyone tell what the file permissions should be and for what files regarding the admin login.

7 Oct 19, 2007 10:08

Try this and see if it helps. Crack open conf/_advanced.php and find a section of code that looks like this, and change the "evo" ( mine says "tacky" ) to something else

/**
 * Short name of this system (will be used for cookies and notification emails).
 * Change this only if you install mutliple b2evolutions on the same website.
 * WARNING: don't play with this or you'll have tons of cookies sent away and your
 * readers surely will complain about it!
 * You can change the notification email address alone a few lines below.
 * @todo generate a random instance name at install and have it saved in the global params in the DB
 * @global string Default: 'b2evo'
 */
$instance_name = 'tacky'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

¥

8 Oct 21, 2007 00:17

Thanks for the reply.

I did this and it didnt help. Admin page still reloads.

Any other suggestions?

I really would like to get this thing going.

I installed the older version when I first started this and I had no problems.

I install the newer stable release version and I wont work

9 Oct 21, 2007 17:56

Any chance you could drop all your tables and pm me a link where I can do a fresh install ? ( you need to do all your db user/pass in /conf/_basic.config.php first )

¥

10 Oct 24, 2007 03:06

Thanks for the help.

I am moving on with another blog engine.

Form is loading...