Recent Topics

1 Oct 12, 2007 01:58    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

So here is the backlog on my issue...

I changed line 581 in "\inc\MODEL\items\_item.class.php" to include the following:

case 'postbypost':
				default:
					$permalink = url_add_param( $blogurl, $urlparam.$glue.'more=1'.$glue.'c=1'.$glue.'tb=1'.$glue.'pb=1'.$glue.'loc='.$loc.$glue.'go=specials', $glue );
					break;

my reason for this is so that the links generated will include additional parameters for other items on the page.

By doing this, the admin section would spit out errors about the variables not being in the admin coding...so i went into admin.php line 1 and added this:

ini_set('display_errors', false);

that is when this error began...so i deleted that from admin.php and i still have the same issue.

Things I've tried already:
* Deleting cookies - nope.
* Checked $BaseURL - nope.
* Deleted admin.php & re uploaded in case it got corrupted - nope.

Does it validate the modified date or something when you log in?

2 Oct 12, 2007 07:15

Try memory limit in ../blogs/conf/_advanced.php.

Good luck

3 Oct 12, 2007 09:03

Well, after some more tinkering im more puzzled...
I changed the memory limit in _advanced.php as follows:

// If you get blank pages, PHP may be crashing because it doesn't have enough memory.
// The default is 8 MB (set in php.ini)
// Try uncommmenting the following line:
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '16M' );

and debug from $debug = 0; to $debug = 2;

If i log in using a manual URL: "site.com/login.php?login=user&pwd=pass",
It says im already logged in as admin...then when i click continue, it redirect back to the login screen and "You must log in!", and in the debug text (i turned debug on in _advanced.php) it says this:

login:
login: NULL
pass: empty
NOT logged in... (did not try)

4 Oct 12, 2007 09:07

Once it says you're logged in, go to the blog and hit the 'admin' link in the login section. Or site.com/admin.php.
Try this and please report back to this topic.

Good luck

5 Oct 12, 2007 09:18

Even when i click continue it redirects back to login
I tried going to SITE/admin.php?ctrl=browse&blog=2 and it still redirects back, worst case scenario i suppose i can reinstall...but with network solutions failure to backup my DB correctly last time, id rather not...and now at this point I'm really curios why it does this.

I greatly appriciate your help

6 Oct 12, 2007 09:42

I'm out of clues. Best thing you can do is uploading all files from a clean install (apart from files that are changed like ../blogs/conf/_basic.conf.php and _../blogs/conf/_advanced.php and skinfiles). You will not have to do a DB backup / restore.
I expect one of the files broken by extra blank lines or spaces at the start.
What you can do is inspect the database and see if user #1 is 'admin' and has a password set. But I don't see the changes you made can effect the DB in any way.

Good luck

7 Oct 12, 2007 09:44

Thanks, I plan to mess with it tommorow and post my results here. Thanks again.

UPDATE:
Ok, i re uploaded everything other than the config files and that seems to have fixed it.

Now comes my next question...
If i change \inc\MODEL\items\_item.class.php to include my other variables in the permalinks...how can i make admin.php not display this error

Notice: Undefined index: loc in /data/12/1/137/11/1137174/user/1207660/htdocs/inc/MODEL/items/_item.class.php on line 500

Form is loading...