Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2007 17:56    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Currently, uploading an image let you do it with its original size. This makes the upload time long and the use of the picture difficult on a post. Do anybody have an idea to resize the images prior to uploading them? Does such a plugin in exist? Or can anybody create one?

I would sincerely appreciate any help on this topic.

Thanks in advance

mX

2 Oct 28, 2007 18:36

Do anybody have an idea to resize the images prior to uploading them?

The only possible way is with client side software like adobe et al

¥

3 Oct 28, 2007 19:39

¥åßßå wrote:

Do anybody have an idea to resize the images prior to uploading them?

The only possible way is with client side software like adobe et al

¥

Strange. Some other tools allow it: wordpress, blogger.com .... And nobody can do nothing for b2evolution?

4 Oct 28, 2007 19:55

The only possible way to resize an image before it's uploaded is via client side software period.

¥

5 Oct 28, 2007 20:22

¥åßßå wrote:

The only possible way to resize an image before it's uploaded is via client side software period.

¥

For the record: php has some image manipulation functions including resizing. It's not implemented in b2evo though. That will change the size of the pictures during/after uploading and not deal with your problem.

--ƒ

jacottin: search Google for "batch resize" and/or "thumbnail". There's some freeware around that does what you want before you upload the pics.

6 Oct 28, 2007 23:21

I've done an image resize hack. My documentation is only in german, if you are interested send me a message, I'll explain it to you (you need mod_rewrite).
With my hack you can resize images while posting via url, for example:

Original Image: /blogs/media/blogs/username/image.jpg

Max. 300px url: /blogs/media/blogs/thumber300/username/image.jpg

Max. 150px url: /blogs/media/blogs/thumber150/username/image.jpg

Greetz

Tears

7 Oct 28, 2007 23:36

OK, I did not mean specifically resizing <b>before</b> the upload but at least automatically and through an user friendly interface and not with a code line or complicated HTML code or something like that.

I have in mind the functions provided by packaged solutions such as Blogger.

Thanks for any tip.

8 Oct 29, 2007 18:25

Version 2.0.x should resize the images when they're first displayed, as long as they're "attached" to a post.

Before you ask, I have no idea how to "attach" them to a post ;)

¥

Form is loading...