Recent Topics

1 Oct 30, 2007 01:32    

Hi,

I installed AM Custom Plugin and all its right. I can insert the title, description, keywords... for each my post, but I have a problem in my Apache Log File...

Tue Oct 30 00:49:21 2007 error client 66.249.66.233 PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value;  If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.  However, future versions may not support this any longer.  in /var/www/vhosts/unavivienda.es/httpdocs/plugins/_am_custom.plugin.php on line 101

I don't understand this error and I don't know how resolve it!!! :(

I use B2Evo 1.10.2 Florida. PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0.22

Can someone help me?, please

;) Thanks!

PD: Sorry for my english... :oops:

2 Oct 31, 2007 18:33

Bugger, that'll be my fault :P

I'm just busy breaking a server at the moment, but I'll check and see what fixes it as soon as possible.

¥

3 Nov 01, 2007 13:51

thanks!!

The plugin is install in others domains too:

creditoyprestamo.com
bebesyembarazo.com
prepararunaboda.com
encamiseta.com
unavivienda.es

I'll wait the answer!! ;)

4 Nov 02, 2007 10:03

If you crack open the plugin and remove the & from this section of code then your error should disappear :

function RenderItemAsXml( & $params ) // leave the & in this line
{
	return $this->RenderItemAsHtml( & $params ); // remove the & from this line
}

¥

5 Nov 02, 2007 10:58

Hi ¥åßßå!!

Thanks for your solution!! I removed &, now I wait 2 or 3 hours for see the apache log file.

I have anew question for you... :roll: :oops:

When I use the AM Custon Plugin tags in a post I see the "keywords meta" in this way:

...content="(generics keywords) + (post Keywords)"

I would appear (post keywords) + (generics keywords).

Is most important keyword as left as posible for SEO and I think that "post keywords" should be in First Position in Meta Keywords.

Is posible to put it there?? What do you think??

Thanks!
;)

6 Nov 02, 2007 11:03

Once again crack open the plugin and change this section of code :

if ( isset( $MainList ) )
		{
			$this->keywords = $Blog->keywords;

$params['items'] = $MainList;

to ;

if ( isset( $MainList ) )
		{
			$this->keywords = '';

$params['items'] = $MainList;

And then meander a tad further down the file and change this section of code :

if( substr( $this->keywords, 0, 1 ) == ',' ) $this->keywords = substr( $this->keywords, 1);

if( $this->keywords )
		{

to this :

$this->keywords .= ','.$Blog->keywords;
		if( substr( $this->keywords, 0, 1 ) == ',' ) $this->keywords = substr( $this->keywords, 1);

if( $this->keywords )
		{

¥

7 Nov 07, 2007 12:20

Hi ¥åßßå

First I give you a good new: I changed the plugin's code for keywords and all work perfectly.

:D

And, the bad new... the error in Log Apache file don't disappear, but don't worry I saw now that I didn't fine changed in the code... :S

I removed & in the two code lines but now I read correctly the comments that you write in PHP Code in Post and I see that I should remove & only in the second line...

Now I am doing and I wait 2 or 3 hours for see the log file

Thank you for all you help me!!!
;)

8 Nov 08, 2007 23:57

Hi ¥åßßå

I have seen the log file and the error don't disappear...

I saw the line error in log file and he says that he is in line 107 of am_custom.plugin.php

function RenderItemAsXml( & $params ) //line 99
	{
		return $this->RenderItemAsHtml( $params ); //line 101
	}

function Render( & $params )
	{ // deprecated
		return $this->RenderItemAsHtml( & $params ); //line 107
	}

I removed & in line 107 because I think this line is equal line 101...

What do you think?...

Tomorrow I go out some days, but when I back I see de log file and I inform you.

Thanks for all!
;)

9 Nov 17, 2007 14:40

Hi ¥åßßå

Good News! The error in apache log file dissapeared!! Great!

But now I've other question for you... (sorry)

Do you remember the last change in am_custom where I wanted put "post keywords" before "general keywors"?? Well, I maked the changes and the plugin work wonderfull but now I see when I surface my index.php or any category the keyword's meta show "post (1) Keyword" + "post (2) Keyword" + "post (n) Keyword" + "general Keywords"... :'(

Better for blogs and Searchs Engines is in this cases that only show "general Keywords" before... or only "general keywords"

Is posible make that in this cases the keywords in am_custom show than the title or the description?? (only General keywors or General keywords before post keywords)

I see the am_custon code but I dont know where changes the code. My keywords code in am_custom is ...

$this->keywords .= ','.$Blog->keywords; // this line is for show before postkeywords that generalkeywords

if( $this->keywords )
		{
			$keywords = explode( ',', $this->keywords );
			$this->keywords = array();
			foreach( $keywords as $keyword  ) $this->keywords[] = trim( $keyword );

$this->keywords = implode( ',', array_unique( $this->keywords ) );	// lets avoid duplicate keywords
			echo '<meta name="keywords" content="'
				.format_to_output( $this->keywords, 'htmlattr' ).'" />'."\n";
		}

thanks!!

10 Nov 17, 2007 18:16

EduardoLara wrote:

Good News! The error in apache log file dissapeared!! Great!

Yay :D

EduardoLara wrote:

Better for blogs and Searchs Engines is in this cases that only show "general Keywords" before... or only "general keywords"

Why? Just curious because I've always though that keywords should reflect the content of the page.

EduardoLara wrote:

Is posible make that in this cases the keywords in am_custom show than the title or the description?? (only General keywors or General keywords before post keywords)

Probably, but I'd need to think about how you could implement it, and unless it became a feature/function of the plugin you'd need to redo any hack if we upgrade the plugin ( mind you, depending on the solution I may be able to make it simpler if it doesn't become a supported feature/function )

EduardoLara wrote:

thanks!!

Feedback is always valuable :D

¥

11 Nov 18, 2007 12:45

Hi ¥åßßå

Why? Just curious because I've always though that keywords should reflect the content of the page

Yes, but I write 2 or 3 specific keywords by post and the content of meta Keywords is very large when I surface the index.php or any category and general keywords lost at the end of the string.

I think in this cases show General keywords before is better.

Probably, but I'd need to think about how you could implement it, and unless it became a feature/function of the plugin you'd need to redo any hack if we upgrade the plugin ( mind you, depending on the solution I may be able to make it simpler if it doesn't become a supported feature/function )

I think I am giving you a lot work ;)

Thanks!

Form is loading...