Recent Topics

1 Nov 13, 2007 11:10    

This may be handy for any of you standards freaks..
I edited the video plugins (excluding iFilm) by dropping the embed tag.

[url=http://wow-factor.com/index.php/show-n-hide-in-a-post]Example Post[/url]
Download a zip of the converted _videoplug.plugin.php [URL=http://wow-factor.com/misc/videoplug_plugin.zip]HERE[/URL]

Note:
Backup your original plugin folder
This has only been tested using good browsers on a good Mac :)
It should run on b2 versions that the current plugin works with however it is the file from the latest beta release.

Please let me know of any cock ups and feel free to try suggest a valid code for iFilm

Re Show/Hide .. dumped... further work req'd

2 Nov 13, 2007 11:35

John wrote:

Re Show/Hide in a post, feel free to ask.

*cough* degradation .... it should fail "open" without js ;)

¥

3 Nov 13, 2007 12:01

Bugger, any suggestions ?

4 Nov 13, 2007 13:17

Take the display:none out of your css and use javascript to close the div ( and ideally write the show/hide link with js as well ).

You'll also have a problem if you have more than one toggle on a page as you're triggering of the id.

¥

5 Nov 13, 2007 13:40

Thanks, I'll digg further and see what I can come up with.
Cheers

6 Nov 13, 2007 23:11

Yabba, I'm just about there with the exception being that even with $posts_allow_script_tags = true; I'm getting an illegal tag message for script and noscript for this inline JS.

<p><script type="text/javascript">
document.write('<a href="#details" onclick="collapse(\'details\');return false">»Details</a>');
</script>
<noscript>Details:</noscript>
</p>

Any tips?

7 Nov 13, 2007 23:53

Yeah, don't use javascript in your posts ;)

Ideal degradation == javascript "enhances" a visit/experience .... including saving the bandwidth by not downloading the javascript ;)

If it was me I'd have a classname for divs that meant "make me a show hide div" ( bonus is you can also style it for everyone ;) ) and then I'd have an external script that triggered off the classname and did all your "hide and add a show/hide [item]"

An example, hit my blog and there should be a "site.js" that adds an arrow to all my external links ( class="ext" ) that makes them all open in a new window. disable js and there is no arrow ;)

¥

8 Nov 14, 2007 00:14

I'm beginning to think so as well :-/

Yes, I've looked at your external link trickery before... I'll go back for a peek later and strain me brain :)

Form is loading...