Recent Topics

1 Nov 18, 2007 02:51    

My b2evolution Version: 2.1.0

Playing with this a bit more and not sure if things are just not done or if I'm missing something...

1) I don't see any way to delete a user.
2) The user permissions don't seem to be working right. Even though I'm not assigning a user permission to certain features, seems any user can see just about anything if allowed in admin area. They can even change their own permissions....hmmmm.

Some great changes once the bugs get ironed out!

2 Nov 18, 2007 03:41

Your first question is easy. Go to 'Users' and in the list hit the delete button from the user you want to delete.
For your second question, I should have to do some research and since I am lazy today let's wait till other forum members report the same behaviour.

Good luck

3 Nov 18, 2007 03:43

There's no delete button in my install like there is in previous versions. I looked there but no big red "X". :'(

4 Nov 18, 2007 03:46

Vapor, I can confirm that there is no big RED button against individual users.
2.1.0 beta

5 Nov 18, 2007 03:49

Yes you should look for the red big X. There is one for every user exept user #1 (admin). Have a look in the demo site and see what is there. I changed some things in the core, so my blog may not be original anymore ;)

Good luck

6 Nov 18, 2007 03:50

I know what you're talking about with the red "x" as I see it in other installs I have with 1.9. I see it in the demo which is 1.10. It's not in my install of 2.1.

Also, as admin I can select what permissions I want to assign a user, but only thing that seems to work is whether a user is allowed into admin area.

I'm wanting to create separate blogs each with an owner to establish a community blog - but right now it looks like this beta doesn't restrict a user from changing their own permissions once they're logged in. Seems like a bit of a security issue I hope will be addressed shortly.

7 Nov 18, 2007 03:53

Yes it's in the demo, my bad... I only have ADMIN so I wouldn't see any RED delete buttons

8 Nov 18, 2007 03:55

again - the demo's 1.10 and I'm talking about 2.1 beta.

10 Nov 18, 2007 04:00

vapor wrote:

again - the demo's 1.10 and I'm talking about 2.1 beta.

You can change the version in the left sidebar before you enter the demo.

11 Nov 18, 2007 04:30

yeah - I'm not seeing that. Let me try a reload....

12 Nov 18, 2007 04:45

i cant see what the problem is guys.. i am using 2.1 vegas beta and i can see the red "x" in the users following row..

as you may see here..

http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzzlp7.jpg

13 Nov 18, 2007 05:14

tilqicom wrote:

i cant see what the problem is guys.. i am using 2.1 vegas beta and i can see the red "x" in the users following row.

Yes we are aware of that. I think John is closest to the answer: if there is only an admin, there is no red cross.
Have you checked the second question? That concerns your site also if you want bloggers with minimal permissions:
vapor wrote:

2) The user permissions don't seem to be working right. Even though I'm not assigning a user permission to certain features, seems any user can see just about anything if allowed in admin area. They can even change their own permissions....hmmmm.

Afwas wrote:

For your second question, I should have to do some research and since I am lazy today let's wait till other forum members report the same behaviour.

Good luck

14 Nov 18, 2007 05:43

i forgot to mention that... just to say my assigned permissions are working as well.. may be a reinstall be a solution for you ?

15 Nov 18, 2007 06:50

Ok - I started from scratch and did a whole new install. In the process I went from 2.0 (?) to 2.1.....

I'm still having the same issue, but I think it's occurring because I assigned the user as owner of a blog (under 1st tab under "blog settings --> owner"). Did this give that user admin rights? I can create other users that are basic or bloggers and am able to delete them. This is a bit odd since in the user area it shows the original user which I can't delete as a blogger, not an admin...

I'll work with this some more later today, but still think I'll have some other user permission questions. I'll probably start another thread at that time.

Thanks for all the help.

Form is loading...