Recent Topics

1 Nov 18, 2007 06:51    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I recently installed the google analytics tracking code in main php in my skins folder. I am assuming its in the right place because google analytics detected it. Ever since the i did I have been getting the following error message on my blog.

How do I turn off or silence php error messages or better still how do I solve the problem.

the blog is here furtivepenguin.net

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/fp/skins/basin/_main.php:1) in /var/www/fp/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71

thanks in anticipation

CS

3 Nov 19, 2007 04:32

I used gedit on Ubuntu. I run Ubuntu on both my desktop and on my server. I dont have a windows box so I guess Im out of the running for the 2 editors you mentioned. I wondered though, how do I just suppress php errors. I cant imagine that this is a serious problem of any kind and I just want it off the screen.

Thanks

CS

4 Nov 19, 2007 04:48

The 'can't send header information' is some kind of a serious error. With any editor you can check for whitespace bedore the first <?php or after the closing ?>. I mention the ediors because many edit php files with a html editor or even Word, causing this type of errors.

Good luck

5 Nov 19, 2007 04:57

After checking _main.php it appears that I somehow pasted a few lines of the analytics code there when I was inserting the rest of it before the </body> tag at the bottom of the page. How the hell that ahppened I do not know. Anyway I have removed the offending lines but the error message is still being displayed.

6 Nov 19, 2007 04:59

Try again with a fresh copy of _main.php.

Good luck

7 Nov 19, 2007 05:04

Looks like you were right. I just hit remove trailing spaces in gedit which i assume clears all the pesky white space and lo... the bloody thing is working fine again. Many thanks. Does this mean I lose the last 24 hours google analytics data?

Best regards CS

8 Nov 19, 2007 05:10

Well done
americymru wrote:

Does this mean I lose the last 24 hours google analytics data?

Best regards CS

I don't know. Your analytics seem to have worked fine all the time, so I guess you haven't lost data.

Happy blogging

Form is loading...