Recent Topics

1 Dec 09, 2007 17:53    

How does it show? Where does it show?
I've installed it and I see no difference at all.
Maybe its a dumb question, but I don't understand this plugin.

2 Dec 09, 2007 23:12

A [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmarklet]bookmarklet[/url] is a bookmark with some javascript in it. Go to Tools, right click on the bookmarklet link and add it to your browsers Favorites/Bookmarks. Now go visit a page that you want to blog about and from there, click on your new bookmark. It will grab the title and url of the page and jump to the b2evolution backoffice. It helps you create a post that links to a web page.

3 Dec 10, 2007 10:43

Thank you personman, I understand now. I was under the impresion that this was a tool for the blogs visitors to easily add the blog to their bookmarks which didn't make much sense to me since that is easily done without the need of a plugin or any special tool...
Thank you for the explanation, and sorry for the dumb question, but I had to ask it!

4 Jan 14, 2008 05:55

I hope I'm not being too dense, because I've seen "bookmarklet" used otherwise on some sites ... so is this conclusion (based on the above) correct?

"A b2evolution 'bookmarklet' is a convenience feature for the blogger, and is not a feature of the visitor's UI."

is that correct?

I've also seen the word used to mean on-site bookmarks stored on an account-by-account basis for registered visitors/commenters, so they can access a personal list of faves on the blogsite within their profile or account page....

thanks,

kazar

5 Jan 14, 2008 13:00

kazar wrote:

A b2evolution 'bookmarklet' is a convenience feature for the blogger, and is not a feature of the visitor's UI."

is that correct?

Yes, that's absolutely correct.

Form is loading...