Recent Topics

1 Dec 24, 2007 17:36    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey all! I am new to the forums and b2e but I do have some basic knowledge of php. Here is what I would like to do.. I want to be able to create new pages via backoffice that will create links to the created pages on the side bar. I see the posts about creating an about me page or a something page but that is too "manual" for what I would like to do. I want to be able to create posts but have them on individual pages with links to them on the side bar. Please help!

2 Dec 24, 2007 17:37

This is already possible with 2.x ;)

¥

3 Dec 24, 2007 18:11

Indeed! You simply select the "post type" as a "page" AND make sure you have the appropriate widget set in your sidebar. Lemme see what the correct widget is....

Oh heck that was easy! After you make a post (in v220 and probably beyond!) you make sure to include the "Page list" widget and - abra ca dabra alla sha zam - the post you made as a 'page' will be forever(1) linked in your sidebar, assuming you added the widget to your sidebar.

--------------------------

(1): Forever assumes you will never move away from b2evolution and that your server will never fail and that the dead husk our planet will one day be will never collapse into the dying gas giant our sun will one day be ;)

4 Dec 25, 2007 00:10

How do you make some of the pages NOT show up on the side bar and how do you link new pages within new pages?

An example of what I'm trying to do is this.

I want a main link called "Teams" on the side and menu bar

then on that page I want a list of sports teams that each have a link to their own new page within my page but NOT listed on the side bar.

Each team will then have its own page where I can write information.

5 Dec 25, 2007 11:03

2 ways you can currently achieve this.

1) create you various pages and use the freeHTML widget to add a link to the main page in your sidebar

2) create your team pages on a different blog and the main page on your main blog and use the Page List widget as normal.

There may or may not be a third option by the time the next release comes out ;)

¥

Form is loading...