Recent Topics

1 Dec 24, 2007 17:55    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Alright, all I want to do is to get JUST the blog text from the database. Nothing else, no template, skin, no junk, etc, just the LASTEST blog I have.

The reason: I want to put a little teaser on the index of my website of just the latest blog, nothing else.

Anyone know how I can do just that, I've been toying around with this thing for hours now and I am flustered. Thanks guys.

2 Dec 27, 2007 15:01

I'm pretty sure this has been done before, so possibly searching the forums will help you? Or maybe it is covered in the manual (Docs link above)? Personally I think it is easier to let b2evolution build the page you want the one little bit to show up on, meaning b2evolution will "power" a page that is mostly NOT b2evolution, but that doesn't really answer your question. Plus in some cases it would be impossible because you are using some other application to power your main page?

The big-picture overview, to my understanding, is that you would have to (a) connect to your b2evolution database and (b) query the database for the one post you want and (c) "properly format" the actual post content when the database returns a value.

Maybe someone else knows more details on getting this done?

3 Jan 10, 2008 23:48

I am having this same issue! All I want to do is show the first paragraph of the most recent blog entry on my home page.

Nothing else, just to pull the latest text only out of the database.

I have searched a million times and can't find anything.

Form is loading...