Recent Topics

1 Jan 26, 2008 18:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi! I really like this blog-platform And I'm considering to use it in my future project as their main website... I think this blog stands up for our needs :D

I have two request of plugins that might be useful:

Request 1: Hide blog link
When you create a new blog it places a link at the top in the frontpage. Lets say that I dont want to use all or any of this links like Blog A or Blog B. Because it might be so many blogs/different sections. In the backend you can still choose each blog as usual or from a dropdown menu-box for a better overview of many many blogs, maybe a better way to find a specific blog if you dont use List?

And if you still want to use this links at the frontpage you might choose to create a dropdown menu or several dropdown menus with suboptions instead.

Request 2: Change fontsize
In my future project there's going to be peoples with different kind of disabilitys among others. Therefore it might be handy if someone who using the blog can change their fontsize whatever it's regular text or links and in proportion to each other. If they are a member they can set defualt fontsize in their profile and if they are not a member, just a reader they can increase and reduce it by clicking a link at the fronpage. Is cookies allowed, store it automatically and set the right option when the user/reader comes back.

And of course I would like the beckend-section to be the same especially when you write a post and do other important tings in backend-section.

I would be grateful if this could be part of the ordinary blog-system in the near future...

Thanks in regards!

2 Feb 03, 2008 21:40

Item #1 is part of the package. There is an option to "include in public blog list", so you un-check that box. You can also choose to not display the public blog list on any given blog, and if this doesn't cover your flexibility needs then you would want to use a "free HTML" widget to build a personalized 'blog list' for each blog.

Item #2 is something that every visitor's browser does, but would be cool as a user selectable setting. I think it would be VERY hard to do for the public side of the blog ... wait a minute! This can already be done by allowing user specific CSS styles for each blog. The user would have to upload a style.css sheet to their media folder that PROPERLY changes the font size statements for any given skin.

So yeah it's already a part, but not of any "ordinary" blogging system ;)

3 Feb 09, 2008 18:39

I think he wants the person surfing the site to be able to adjust the font size by choosing that. I've seen skins on other blog systems like word press that allow you to do this. The skin uses a variable set by a cookie in the browser to select a specific style sheet.

Check out the skin Visitered Little for WordPress to see an example of what I'm talking about. It allows the person surfing the blog to alter the appearance considerably.

4 Feb 09, 2008 19:00

Got a link to it?

Yeah I've seen that before. On an old skin in here too. Usually done with javascript I think, which means it could be a Free HTML widget, and that people who 'surf safe' won't see it.

5 Feb 09, 2008 19:05

Hi Morrighu,

A thing like a font selector is not so difficult. I'll see what I can do one of these days.

Good luck

6 Feb 10, 2008 18:48

Hi theWheeler,
Hi Morrighu,

I have been investigating this idea. I thought it was doable with a plugin/widget, but unfortunately I can only inject some code in the beginning of a header (with [url=http://doc.b2evolution.net/v-1-10/plugins/Plugin.html#methodSkinBeginHtmlHead]SkinBeginHtmlHead[/url] to be precise) and I need some javaScript and/or CSS at the end of the <head> section.

This leaves the possibility of a plugin/widget with instructions to add some code to a file, or abandon the idea and edit / make a skin that has this feature build in. By the way, the preferred technique is a style switcher like [url=http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/]Alternative Style: Working With Alternate Style Sheets[/url].

I do not feel like doing a skin that is similar to 'Visitered Little'. Did you notice how bumpy it scrolls?
So please give me some direction (skin name) and I can an will help you.

Good luck

Form is loading...