Recent Topics

1 Feb 05, 2008 18:03    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

In the Andreas skin, after adding a data through a widget to the right sidebar, there is a blank gap in the main content area between the posted content and the comment section the height of the data in the right sidebar.

2 Feb 05, 2008 18:27

I think I found a fix. Is there a better way to do this?

I added this to the styles css file under #content

float: left;
float: top;
width: 440px;

3 Feb 05, 2008 18:31

There is no attribute float:top

Got a link to your blog?

¥

4 Feb 05, 2008 19:28

I didn't float:top existed, but it worked. Nothing else did until I just added:

clear: left;

to #extras

and took out the additions to #content.

It seems to be working now. Is this the fix that should be there left out in the design?

5 Feb 05, 2008 19:30

Except I had to leave

in #content. It works now.

6 Feb 05, 2008 19:39

Without a link to your blog it's almost impossible to say if you have the answer ;)

¥

7 Feb 05, 2008 19:50

Just add a widget to the right sidebar and check the results. You'll see the gap.

Then add to style.css
clear: left;
to #extras

and add to style.css

to #content

8 Feb 05, 2008 20:03

That's fantastic except I have an extremely custom skin that

a) doesn't have a sidebar
b) isn't fixed width
c) doesn't have the same code as you've added to your sidebar

¥

10 Feb 07, 2008 00:42

Once again, it would help if you gave us a link to your blog where this skin is "broken", without being able to see what's "broken" about it it's almost impossible to fix correctly.

¥

11 Feb 08, 2008 04:20

You do not need my URL. Just test it as I showed above.

12 Feb 08, 2008 04:37

That's true: we don't need your URL to see a problem. And it's also true that I can test it myself. And it's also true that I did test it myself. And it's also true that I found your statements above to be false regarding the presence of "float:top" in the style sheet in that skin.

It's also true that no one here has to jump when you say jump yah?

IF the author of that skin submits a correction then a correction will be available. Between now and then be happy you made a suitable correction for your installation.

13 Feb 08, 2008 06:42

All I did was mess with the width under #content and #extras and no gap.

14 Feb 08, 2008 10:44

crown wrote:

You do not need my URL. Just test it as I showed above.

How cool, you want me to go download a skin, upload it, redo the whole of my blog to reset it to default widgets, just so I can see if your problem is real, yet you can't be arsed pasting a link to somewhere I can see the problem in action.

Guess what, I can be arsed locking this thread :|

¥

15 Feb 12, 2008 02:51

Unlocking long enough to share this cuz I can:
crown via PM wrote:

I know float:top doesn't exist. Just experimenting. I came up with a solution that is valid. I am amazed this skin was active and never fully tested and I am amazed at your attitude. This was a simple problem it would have taken you 1 minute to check.

I didn't realize I was dealing with a bunch of immature, childish babies. I think I'll go back to Wordpress. Grow up.

Apparently crown doesn't seem to understand that "we" didn't make the skin and that "we" list skins provided by users unless there is a gross error caught by the one person who actually sees the submitted skins and can make them publicly available.

Apparently crown thinks "we" are somehow responsible for every single bit of every single thing that it can find to enhance it's blog, and that "we" had damned well better jump when it says jump else it'll go piss on the fine folk over at wordpress.

Oh well eh? Bye-bye dunce-cap.

16 Feb 12, 2008 11:22

a classic wrote:

This was a simple problem it would have taken you 1 minute to check.

Instead they'd rather argue for 3 days as to why we should go to the effort of downloading and installing a skin and redo the whole of our blogs just to see if the problem was real, instead of pasting a link where their problem was visible.

In fact it probably took them longer to send that PM to both you and me .... mind you, at least that proves that they knew how to copy/paste, I was starting to doubt :|

Just for the record, I'm not so bad at css so it probably would have taken far less than a minute to solve ....... if I'd had a link I could have followed ;)

¥

Form is loading...