Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2008 09:32    

Hi

Doesnt matter what I do, referrer spam allways appear in stats.

Even with pages deleted i get spam appear against code "200"
or setting a redirect i get it appear against code "301"

How do i stop the spam even entering the site at all.
it is all to particular directory.... cgi-bin/xyz

anyone know how to turn it away at the door so that it never gets as far as the stats ????

Thanks

2 Mar 16, 2008 03:19

What version are you using? My guess is an old one because spam pretty much stops at the door in anything reasonably new.

3 Sep 11, 2009 22:50

EdB wrote:

What version are you using? My guess is an old one because spam pretty much stops at the door in anything reasonably new.

I don't know. I just got deluged with trackback spam on my English blog. It's odd I didn't get any on my Esperanto blog, especially since my old WordPress blog was in Esperanto (I had a few English posts but people couldn't comment because the antispam question was in Esperanto) and I have my .htaccess redirect to my Esperanto b2evolution blog. I've disabled trackbacks on my English blog for the time being.

4 Sep 12, 2009 03:53

Trackbacks are, I think, completely unprotected in b2evo. And, as you've noticed, are spam magnets. Although I guess I should have been able to guess that needs a "on English blogs" qualifier. Either turn 'em off or use captcha to hide the URL from screen-scraping bots.

Digging up some oldies today eh?

5 Sep 13, 2009 02:09

EdB wrote:

Trackbacks are, I think, completely unprotected in b2evo. And, as you've noticed, are spam magnets.

True. Pingbacks are much better because they at least have some validation.[/quote]

EdB wrote:

Either turn 'em off or use captcha to hide the URL from screen-scraping bots.

Eek, CAPTCHA!

EdB wrote:

Digging up some oldies today eh?

Actually, it was on the first page.

Form is loading...