Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2008 06:32    

Currently we get

<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 >>

when I'm on page 10 of 18 on my blog. The << is linked to page 9, and >> is linked to page 11. So effectively it might as well be

PREV 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 NEXT

That seems a bit un-natural to me. What I would like to see is something like this:

FIRST ... PREV ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... NEXT ... LAST

and even better:

FIRST ... PREV ... 10 ... NEXT ... LAST

I think it's not so hard to get rid of the list of pages, and I think I can get the text for PREV NEXT, but I don't know how to get FIRST and LAST.

Similar but different for single-post pages. Actually mostly similar except it wouldn't have the current page identifier in the middle.

2 Mar 06, 2008 07:00

Ths may answer part of your question... from Yabba

<?php
		// -------------------- PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS (POST LIST MODE) --------------------
		mainlist_page_links( array(
				'block_start' => '<p class="paged">[ '.T_('Pages:').' ',
				'block_end' => ' ]</p>',
				'list_span' => 5,
				) );
		// ------------------------- END OF PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS -------------------------
	?>

Example :
http://wow-factor.com/index.php?blog=2&paged=7

3 Mar 06, 2008 07:17

Nope. I can shrink or expand the amount of page numbers shown, and I'm pretty sure there is an existing example of NO page numbers (which I think allows using text instead of << and >>), but AFAIK there is no way to get page 1 and page N(max) to use words instead of numbers.

OT: I'm pissed at my host right now. No phpmyadmin. It tells me I need a secret password ... then tells me to blow a fish 8|

4 Mar 06, 2008 07:37

Hey wanna see something funny? Copy the block that does that bit from photoblog skin and stick it in evopress skin. Copy the images over too. They point AT each other :lol:

... seems "scroll_list_range" does nothing, or perhaps I simply haven't figured out what it does.

... looks like playing with "links_format" will get me something but I'm not sure yet. At any rate it defaults to "$prev$ $first$ $list_prev$ $list$ $list_next$ $last$ $next$" which certainly seems to have first and last INSIDE prev and next, so it's tinker time...

OT: The host now says the issue should be fixed and to please check.

5 Mar 06, 2008 07:53

<?php // PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS (POST LIST MODE)
mainlist_page_links( array(
		'block_start' => '<p class="center"><strong>',
		'block_end' => '</strong></p>',
		'links_format' => '$first$ :: $prev$ :: $next$ :: $last$',
		'prev_text' => '&lt;&lt; '.T_('Previous'),
		'next_text' => T_('Next').' &gt;&gt;',
	) ); ?>

That gets pretty darned close.

Therefore this pony looks like two new params:

'first_text' => 'PAGE ONE',
		'last_text' => 'LAST PAGE',

Next step is to follow function page_links( $params = array() ) and see if there be something I can add value with.

Form is loading...