Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2008 10:27    

Is anybody here start getting blank pages with "No input file specified" since they upgraded their PHP to 5.2 a few days ago?

Their answer was

Thank you for contacting Online Support. We have not made any recent changes to our PHP settings. Unfortunately, customer support is not able to provide directions, technical support, or troubleshooting assistance with coding/scripting issues. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

2 Mar 17, 2008 06:46

I've been having the exact same issue with a different software package (Expression Engine) with GoDaddy. It just started happening suddenly a few days ago. Please let us know if you figure out a workaround.

3 Mar 24, 2008 00:40

i recommended godaddy and b2evo, and now I'm stuck with this no input file thing. not making me look good.

I know it is not a b2evo problem because I'm running it over at my personal site with no issues.

it's go daddy's problem. I have a ticket open with godaddy. i'll keep you posted.

another annoying thing with godaddy is that you cannot ftp more than 1 or two more files at the time. I use FileZilla and it opens multiple streams to transfer files. godaddy always complains about that. I cannot have two executables connected to godaddy either. Very annoying.

4 Mar 24, 2008 00:45

I hope their answer will differ from posted above ;)

5 Mar 24, 2008 02:17

The issue seems to be related to a new version that was installed by godaddy: version 5.2.5.

I got this to work by selecting

Use param: post ID

The links look pretty ugly though.

Is anybody running b2evo 2.4.x and php 5.2.5?

6 Mar 24, 2008 09:56

This is a problem in the way GoDaddy set up php. My blog runs without issues on 5.2.5.

7 Mar 24, 2008 12:34

Afwas,

As another GoDaddy hosting customer, do you have any idea what setup configurations could cause this problem?

Thanks,

RocketDude

8 Mar 24, 2008 14:17

rocketdude wrote:

As a temporary measure, I changed all the settings on the blog settings > URLs to use param. Doing that fixed the problem for the moment.

I'm hoping that somebody comes up with a better fix for people hosting with GoDaddy.

Cheers,

RocketDude

You just did!
If you found this topic first, wander to: [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14916][2.4X] GoDaddy Customer Read Before Upgrading[/url]

9 Mar 24, 2008 14:45

If any of yah fancy letting me break your blogs then pm me a cpanel login, ftp login and evo admin login and I'll have a play and see if I can fix it ( no promises ) ... of course, if yer the timid sort you could always setup a test blog, turn clean urls on for it and then I wouldn't need an evo admin login ;)

¥

*edit*
Update : see if this helps ( [url=http://forums.pligg.com/installation-upgrade-help/9711-solution-no-input-file-specified.html] Solution: No input file specified.[/url] )

12 Mar 24, 2008 16:19

sam2kb wrote:

It works!!!

Ohhhh, put me out of my misery ..... which worked?

¥

14 Mar 24, 2008 18:05

bugger, I may never talk to you again :( .... could you not at least have lied? :((

¥

15 Mar 24, 2008 18:30

Luckily for you rocketdude found a bug when applying cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1. But somehow I've got this feeling we're close to the real solution.

16 Mar 24, 2008 19:15

¥åßßå wrote:

bugger, I may never talk to you again :( .... could you not at least have lied? :((
¥

What do you mean??? It does work, but I didn't try to log in and I didn't know about that redirect when I replied.

17 Mar 24, 2008 19:42

Note: make sure it's a php5.ini if you're running PHP5 (I had to specify in my .htaccess for GoDaddy to run PHP5). Otherwise, it's probably php.ini. I'd recommend using PHP5 though. (the link I posted above can show you how)

18 Mar 25, 2008 02:50

This almost worked for me.

Does anybody know if b2evo uses this line?
$path_info = (isset($_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'])) ? $_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'] : @getenv('ORIG_PATH_INFO');

I'm supposed to update it.

by the way, it is php5.ini

19 Mar 25, 2008 07:13

sam2kb wrote:

¥åßßå wrote:

¥

What do you mean??? It does work, but I didn't try to log in and I didn't know about that redirect when I replied.

Ignore me it's just my english sense of humour ;)

For the redirect problem try [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14916]this post[/url] and see if it helps

esanchez wrote:

This almost worked for me.

Does anybody know if b2evo uses this line?
$path_info = (isset($_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'])) ? $_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'] : @getenv('ORIG_PATH_INFO');

I'm supposed to update it.

by the way, it is php5.ini

It uses bits of that inc/_vars.inc.php approx 90

elseif( isset($_SERVER['PATH_INFO']) )
{ // CGI/FastCGI
	if( isset($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) )
	{
		$Debuglog->add( 'Getting ReqPath from PATH_INFO and SCRIPT_NAME', 'vars' );

if ($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] )
		{	/* both the same so just use one of them
			 * this happens on a windoze 2003 box
			 * gotta love microdoft
			 */
			$Debuglog->add( 'PATH_INFO and SCRIPT_NAME are the same', 'vars' );
			$Debuglog->add( 'Getting ReqPath from PATH_INFO only instead', 'vars' );
			$ReqPath = $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];
		}
		else
		{
			$ReqPath = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].$_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];
		}
	}
	else
	{ // does this happen??
		$Debuglog->add( 'Getting ReqPath from PATH_INFO only!', 'vars' );

$ReqPath = $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];
	}
	$ReqURI = isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && !empty( $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] ) ? ($ReqPath.'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) : $ReqPath;
}
elseif( isset($_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO']) )
{ // Tomcat 5.5.x with Herbelin PHP servlet and PHP 5.1
	$Debuglog->add( 'Getting ReqPath from ORIG_PATH_INFO', 'vars' );
	$ReqPath = $_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'];
	$ReqURI = isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && !empty( $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] ) ? ($ReqPath.'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) : $ReqPath;
}

¥

20 Mar 27, 2008 01:25

¥,

Thanks for finding the line of code. That is a core file and I don't want to change it and have to remember to change it after each update.

Param ID will have to be used for now.

Form is loading...