Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2008 16:10    

Working with 120-blogs system I realize that we should have an option to set some blog settings globally instead of doing it in phpMyAdmin.

Content / Posts
Feedback options
RSS/Atom feeds

There also should be an option to use intervals in Aggregation field, something like [1-120] or [1..120] would be better than 1,2,3,4...... ;)

2 Mar 28, 2008 04:40

Frankly NO settings should hacked into files or stored in the database other than what's necessary at the install (URL, DB connection, etc.)

Global Blog Settings Tab:
Default post status
Default skin for new blogs

Individual Blog Settings Tab:
Default post status

3 Mar 28, 2008 05:34

Morrighu wrote:

Frankly NO settings should hacked into files or stored in the database other than what's necessary at the install (URL, DB connection, etc.)

Global Blog Settings Tab:
Default post status
Default skin for new blogs

Individual Blog Settings Tab:
Default post status

Oh please. Where would you store all the info that you think shouldn't be stored in a database, if not in the database? Every detail of every user's profile is stored in the database. Hits are stored in the database. ALL the settings that control both the installation and each and every blog are stored in the database. Should each and every one of these bits of info be a required file edit? Heck storing information is what databases are made for!!!

Yeah we need the ability to manage multiple blogs with the flick of a switch. Turn on or off trackbacks globally. Open or close comments. Change moderation status of comments. Enable user and/or group permissions. And absolutely ranges for aggregation. That, to me, is one of the biggest drawbacks in the 2.* generation, although not being able to exclude some blogs from the only aggregator blog in everything prior was a major pain.

Hey I wonder what happens if you aggregate blog 1-10 into blog 1, then aggregate blog 1 into blog 11? Would you get 1 through 10 in 11, or just 1?

4 Mar 28, 2008 06:42

Hey I wonder what happens if you aggregate blog 1-10 into blog 1, then aggregate blog 1 into blog 11? Would you get 1 through 10 in 11, or just 1?

I didn't try it, but hey you still have to create 12 blogs.

I simply ran this script and copied the output there.

$i = 0;
while ($i < 120) { echo $i.','; $i++; }

But it only allows me to aggregate 88 blogs. The aggregation function should be changed...

6 Apr 13, 2008 18:16

sam2kb http://wonderwinds.com/hackblo...gs-in-v241 might be your friend! It ONLY gives you the option to say "All", which is better than having to type everything and doesn't limit you to 88 blogs.

It works :p , thanks. Let's hope we'll have something like this in new release.

7 Apr 14, 2008 02:12

sam2kb wrote:

It works :p , thanks. Let's hope we'll have something like this in new release.

Personally I'm hoping for something a heck of a lot better! Like grouping for example. 1-10 or 12-15 or whatever. Hmmm... That one shouldn't be too hard... ;)

Form is loading...