Recent Topics

1 Mar 25, 2008 04:02    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1

I have been fiddling around with this for some time and cannot come up with a solution.

If you go to my blog - a variation of the zen skin - I have added a popup and have solved several problems so far... but for the life of me I cannot figure out why the damned thing aligns to the center (instead of the left) - I found the css file that has some of the comment styles (rsc/css/comments) and was able to change the font size (although for some odd reason I had to reinstall to get the change to take). I cannot find anything anywhere to set this.

http://coldheartedtruth.com/

Click on the feedback and you can check the source.... The funny thing is that the comments display left justified (as I would expect) if you click on the post link and display them that way.

On the flip side - the photoblog skin in my test area works fine with the alignment? I would think if it was a general setting it would do the same thing there?

http://coldheartedtruth.com/241/blog2.php

I have tried different things and it seems to ignore whatever div or class I use in the feedback_popup area. It's almost as if it is ignoring it and using some default or something?

Any ideas (or even get rich quick hacking fix suggestions) would be appreciated. Any ways to make a div or a class that would simply align to the left?

2 Mar 25, 2008 04:09

<?php
/**
 * This is the comments-popup page template.
 * For a quick explanation of b2evo 2.0 skins, please start here:
 * {@link http://manual.b2evolution.net/Skins_2.0}
 * It is used to display the blog when no specific page template is available.
 * @package evoskins
 * @subpackage photoblog
 */
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

// Note: even if we request the same post as $Item above, the following will do more restrictions (dates, etc.)
// Do inits depending on current $disp:
skin_init( $disp );	// disp will normally be "feedback-popup" here

// -------------------------- HTML HEADER INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_html_header.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default HTML header by copying the
// _html_header.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// -------------------------------- END OF HEADER --------------------------------
?>

[color=red]<div id="content" class="narrowcolumn">   [/color]

<?php

// ------------------------- MESSAGES GENERATED FROM ACTIONS -------------------------
messages( array(
			'block_start' => '<div class="div.top_menu ul">',
			'block_end'   => '</div>',
		) );
// --------------------------------- END OF MESSAGES ---------------------------------

// ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
request_title( array(
		'title_before'=> '<h2>',
		'title_after' => '</h2>',
		'title_none'  => '<h2>&nbsp;</h2>',
		'glue'        => ' - ',
		'title_single_disp' => false,
		'format'      => 'htmlbody',
	) );
// ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------

// Normally, there should only be one item to display...
while( $Item = & mainlist_get_item() )
{	// For each blog post, do everything below up to the closing curly brace "}"
	// ------------------ FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) INCLUDED HERE ------------------
	skin_include( '_item_feedback.inc.php', array(
			'before_section_title' => '<h4>',
			'after_section_title'  => '</h4>',
		) );
	// Note: You can customize the default item feedback by copying the generic
	// /skins/_item_feedback.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
	// ---------------------- END OF FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) ---------------------
}
?>

</div>

<?php
// ------------------------- HTML FOOTER INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_html_footer.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default HTML footer by copying the
// _html_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// ------------------------------- END OF FOOTER --------------------------------
?>

3 Mar 25, 2008 06:27

I suggest you wait till Afwas comes along.
He created the skin and should be able to get you srted.

4 Mar 25, 2008 07:41

Hi coldhart,

It 's kinda hard to give you one answer that will work, so I give you a few leads to check.

1) The red part in the code above, change that to:

<div id="content" class="widecolumn">

I may be mistaken, but that alone may solve the issue.

THe alignment of the text is caused by the fact that there is no alignment at all, so it falls back to default, which is stylesheet.css (line 198):

body {
text-align:center;
}

This is caused by the fact that the comment text is not embedded in a <p> tag. This is from the sorce of the popup box:

<div class="bCommentText">
		The new software has e-mail automatically enabled on your profile. If you do not want this freature

I don 't know why the <p> tag is lacking, that may be more obvious if you check the source of the popup.

To conclude a tip. If you change skins you may want to reload the skin in Global settings -> Skins. If you change the /rsc/ files you may want to clear the cache in Tools -> Misc -> Delete prerendered item cache.

Good luck

5 Mar 25, 2008 13:32

I changed the default align to left (body line 198) and it seemed to do the trick for the popup and has not affected anything else.

Also - thanks for the refresh/reload tip - On previous installs (9.X) there was no need to refresh. I hadn't noticed that reload and was actually reinstalling my skins each time I made changes :oops:

6 Mar 25, 2008 13:46

Hi coldhart,

The text is centered in the body for IE6 and older browsers. So do check how your blog looks in them.

Good luck

7 Apr 10, 2008 04:51

Hi Afwas

I had to put

<div class="clear"></div>

at line 88 in <page.php> like at line 138 in <single.main.php> at line 138.

Without it the feedback block was up and to the left.

Thanks

Form is loading...